Share Your Realistic FU Money Amount

machidafan99

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
For me it's 800k USD.

Please no links to Mr.Money Asstache or other assholery. Thanks.

Last edited:
2 million usd. I wouldn't touch it, I'd invest it all for safe returns and live off the interest. I'd still work but I'd go on regular vacations and use up all my privilege leave.

If I had any issues at work or I didn't like how it was getting I would just leave and get a new job.

It's very important to work even if your rich enough to retire. If all you had was free time you wouldn't respect the time you had and would probably get into drugs /mischief and hopelessness

$5 Million is my “smile and walk away” amount.

There are definitely levels to FU money. Even the small victories are nice. My wife has wanted to go to part-time with the kids. My income is enough to pay all bills and live comfortably, but we can basically live however we want off two incomes. When she asked to go part time, they said that her position doesn't have part time. They offered her a raise. She put in her two weeks. They immediately scrambled and decided to create a position that was part time.

I know that's not the type of FU money that you are talking about, but it's a good example of those smaller positions of power that work out. It's nice to be able to just say "fuck you, I don't need this".

Our goal is to have perpetual supplementary income coming in monthly.

About 4-5k would do it. Now that the house is paid off of course.

Nowadays in my contry? With 250k well invested I would not work anymore.

FU? 2 millions.

No amount, some of us just have to continue doing what has always been done. Having money is no reason to give up on advancing.

anything over 2 mil. I would move to south america, open a small corner business and live as a wealthy foreign expat.

Well, paying off our house and one vehicle is all the debt we have.

We want a few small house upgrades. I think after paying that off. With 5 million in the bank, that should be perfect. I'm 35, so lets say i live to be 85. That's $5 million divided by 50yrs, equals to 100k a year. Without a house or car payment, there's no way we are spending anything close to that a year. Even with travel.

That should be more than enough.

Won’t be long before my mortgage is fully paid off, at which point I’ll be sitting on cash, investments and assets of about £1M. Will have to keep working, of course, because my family needs stuff, but once the kids have moved out, I should be ready to say goodbye to working.

To be honest, given how little actual work I do in a week, I’m grotesquely overpaid, but that’s hardly my fault.

Well, paying off our house and one vehicle is all the debt we have.

We want a few small house upgrades. I think after paying that off. With 5 million in the bank, that should be perfect. I'm 35, so lets say i live to be 85. That's $5 million divided by 50yrs, equals to 100k a year. Without a house or car payment, there's no way we are spending anything close to that a year. Even with travel.

That should be more than enough.

$5mil would pay you $285k + per year in interest alone.

5 mil usd. Enough for nice house...... enough to realistically live off interest. Enough to travel 5 to 6 times a year in comfort.

For my wife that number was 10k per month.

We got into a conversation with someone that was talking about how they wished they still had their old job because they were making 10k per month. My wife was all like "whoa you were completely set"

And in my head I'm like, "woman, WTF do you not realize that I make more than that and we're not set because you spend it all?"

But I couldn't say it because I didn't want this other person to know how much I made.

Fuck you money to me would be like 100 million. That's how much i need to make before I slowed down on trying to make more

Won’t be long before my mortgage is fully paid off, at which point I’ll be sitting on cash, investments and assets of about £1M. Will have to keep working, of course, because my family needs stuff, but once the kids have moved out, I should be ready to say goodbye to working.

To be honest, given how little actual work I do in a week, I’m grotesquely overpaid, but that’s hardly my fault.
What do you do and how do I do it?

I'm assuming thats with investing?

I just said that number flat out without investments, since the op didn't specify.

A basic savings account would net at least $250k, investment would be higher, conservatively $285k+.
My aunt receives $285k per year on $1.8mil and hasn't actually spent that amount in years growing another account that I don't know what she has in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back