Share thoughts....BJJ Match

Nice toss. I wasn't a big fan of the high judo-esque stance against someone with that low base, but then you landed the throw, so all's well that ends well.

Nice toss. I wasn't a big fan of the high judo-esque stance against someone with that low base, but then you landed the throw, so all's well that ends well.

I find that as long as I grip fight properly, even if he is staying that low I can still get in with Harai Goshi. After a slam like that you know you won the match just from the psychological effect it has on your opponent.

True that. Reminds me of one of my buddy's tosses (at 1:45ish) :

you could tell the match turned, there.

Nice throw I've been working on it. I think I've seen you before, were you at the GQ in Hartford, I remember complimenting a guy on that keiko gi, as I had it on at the same time pretty sure it was you.

Nice throw I've been working on it. I think I've seen you before, were you at the GQ in Hartford, I remember complimenting a guy on that keiko gi, as I had it on at the same time pretty sure it was you.

No, not me. I have not competed in GQ since I was a white belt. My cousins Dave(Brown Belt) and Mike(Purple with sick Judo) train at Shaolins in the city and all us Georgians (from Russia) look very very a like (no joke a lot of early history close family marriages unfortunately). So you may have seen one of them.

Back