Shaq not gonna give his kids nothing.

People get tough and say this... But I seriously doubt that's going to be the case. People with children here will understand what I mean.
I get what you're saying, but it's better for the kids if you can stick to it as much as possible. We don't have Shaq money, obviously, but my wife and I try not to help out our kids too much. Right now my daughter is dealing with some shit - fallout from some bad decisions - and we could bail her out, but we're not. It's tempting as hell, because it's hard on her, but no consequences usually means no change. She won't learn from her mistakes if she doesn't pay a price for them.

Having said that, Shaq may not be giving them tons of money, but he is giving them a great home, lot of stuff, an education, etc. The kids are already going to have a huge headstart.

I wish rich people would just STFU with this virtue signaling crap.

You go around this motherfucker once. When you're done, your money doesn't go with you. You should be thinking with the next generation in mind. Especially for Shaq coming from a community where generational poverty is common and is responsible for much of the delinquency that exists.

If you want to build work ethic there are ways to do that. I know a family whose dad started a business and I would say is fairly rich, but I must say, I haven't seen many kids with as amazing work ethic as they had!

Back