Shaq not gonna give his kids nothing.

Shaq is 100% right. You give your kids a much better chance for a great life doing this.

Things given aren't worth shit compared to things earned.

If I had that kind of money I would say same thing. Granted I would give it to them in my will but till then I would make them earn everything then when I die they would know what to do with the money I leave them as they would respect it more.

Shaq kids are tall as fuck and wear designer clothes.
If they need money they can sell those garbs and their dad’s used socks.

Good genes.
upload_2021-10-30_11-44-33.jpeg

He may not just throw cash at them, but his kids will still have a substantial advantage with connections and opportunity at a relatively low risk. I see that often with kids from rich parents. They can take huge risk with different business ventures or even more schooling because parents will support it and have something to fall back on if they fail. They also have connections that most would not otherwise. Good for Shaq for not wanting to enable them and hand them money on a silver platter. I would do the same.
This is what I see with the Beckham kids. Victoria is in the fashion industry and best pals with Anna Wintour, the head honcho of Vogue. One of the kids models. Brooklyn is doing some photography and cooking stuff...maybe some help from their Ransay friends? Gordon's daughter has just been on Celebrity Masterchef in Australia and now on Strictly Come Dancing in the UK.

Nepotism definitely works.

Magic Johnson gave his wife AIDS so I guess it could be worse.

Lol, Shaq got lucky in the basketball industry when it was just starting out.

No way he'd be able to do that with today's technology.

Shaq earned what he has from the ground up.

It takes a lot of hard work to grow to 7'1" and 300lbs... his parents didn't give him that.

I actually respect this stance.

<mma4>

The reality is I’m sure he will pay for their college education and keep a roof over their heads etc. He just isn’t going to give them aristocratic lifestyles and Bugatti’s for just existing like many other Uber wealthy parents give their kids. I think they will all be better for it.
Agreed.

What a an asshole. No way in hell would let my kids struggle if I have the means to make their life easier. That attitude is so selfish. I made all this money and no way in hell am I gonna share with the children I made. WTF. Why have kids if you just want to make their life a living hell? And make them beg for money on the streets instead giving them what you have. Asshole. I bet he never even once helped with their homework. Just sat there in his million dollar houses and watch them cry cause they didn't understand math or something.
No he actually expects them to become their own men and not just live off of daddy's credit cards their whole lives. I'm sure if it came to a situation of them living on the streets he would help them out. But he shouldn't be buying them first class plane tickets and gold rolexs because they want to be ballers without having to actually work for it. Shaq didn't grow up rich and wouldn't have become the man he is today if he got handouts all the way through.

No he actually expects them to become their own men and not just live off of daddy's credit cards their whole lives. I'm sure if it came to a situation of them living on the streets he would help them out. But he shouldn't be buying them first class plane tickets and gold rolexs because they want to be ballers without having to actually work for it. Shaq didn't grow up rich and wouldn't have become the man he is today if he got handouts all the way through.

Shaq grew up poor to get where he is now and expects his kids and grandkids to grow up poor too? That's dumb. He has the money to make their life 100 time better than when he was a kids and choices Not Too cause he wants them to struggle in life. Who wishes hard times on their kids. That's an asshole move. Parents should want their kids lives to be better than theirs.

Only rich people with unlimited resources can afford to talk cheap

What if his kids don't make it on their own and Shaq already gave the money away. His grandkids and great grandkids could end up poorer then he was growing up. He has a chance to provide for generations of Shaqs and he says Naw that ain't me.

Shaq grew up poor to get where he is now and expects his kids and grandkids to grow up poor too? That's dumb. He has the money to make their life 100 time better than when he was a kids and choices Not Too cause he wants them to struggle in life. Who wishes hard times on their kids. That's an asshole move. Parents should want their kids lives to be better than theirs.
He doesn't want them to be poor but he doesn't want them expecting to get a bunch of great stuff without doing any actual work for it or they'll never get a work ethic where they'll always just be known known as Shaq's son or daughter instead of their own people.

NBA legend Shaquille O’Neal believes in working hard for your money — even when it comes to his six kids.

The Basketball Hall of Famer, during an appearance on the Earn Your Leisure podcast, said his kids don’t get a free pass just because their dad is rich and famous.

“My kids are older now. They kinda upset with me. Not really upset, but they don’t understand,” said O’Neal, who recently retired his celebrity status in an interview with The New York Post. “I tell them all the time. We ain’t rich. I’m rich.”

“You gotta have bachelor’s or master’s (degrees) and then if you want me to invest in one of your companies, you’re going to have to present it, boom boom boom, bring it to me,” he said.

“I’ll let you know, I’m not giving you nothing.”

- https://www.news.com.au/sport/baske...e/news-story/1209a2a5a201fd6d100f05af63a46ec6

he worth 500M.. pretty boss thing to do imo.

Respect on that stance

I don't know if I'd take that tough of a stance. More than likely I'd groom my kids to take over one day.

Kevin O'Leary from Shark Tank had the same view.

It's a free ride while they live with him, after that, nothing.

More money for strippers and ho's.

Back