Shaq not gonna give his kids nothing.

that mustve been so hard. i sell drugs for my parents to this day, thats how i grew up. must be so hard to be shaquille o'neills children though.

I'd be skeptical about that. He endorsed Chris Christie back in 2013..............
Maybe he hasn't voted, but I'd find it hard to believe he hasn't had any direct interest in politics until 2020 given the above.
Barkley's even ribbed Shaq on air before (years ago) about voting Republican just due to lower taxes and Shaq had an uncomfortable look.

In 2017 he endorsed a democrat for NJ governor and 2018 endorsed democrat Levine for Florida governor.
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/p...rida-governor-endorsement-20180626-story.html

And working to get more people to vote generally works in favor of democrats because of voter disenfranchisement issues with the current electoral system. So its a big deal for him to work with Michelle Obama's program.

Kids grew up in a nice neighborhood
Kids have responsible parents and care takers
kids will get free education at quality university while not having to work
Kids will have no debt
Kids will get interest free loan to start business
Kids businesses will benefit from dad's fame

Not exactly a rough life, but good for him for not just handing over piles a money and making turds out of them

i was making more than my dad by my mid-twenties, but i understand the sentiment from shaq. of course i couldn't be where i'm at without the foundation and guidance to begin with.

I doubt it, he's a wind up merchant. He had me going that he was a flat earther.

I really like Shaq.

i was making more than my dad by my mid-twenties, but i understand the sentiment from shaq. of course i couldn't be where i'm at without the foundation and guidance to begin with.
what did your dad do when you were growing up??

also lets not forget that even if you are like 35-40 now there is so much inflation on the dollar that your dad was earning.

what did your dad do when you were growing up??

also lets not forget that even if you are like 35-40 now there is so much inflation on the dollar that your dad was earning.

my dad is a mechanic. he worked on semi-tralier and diesel engines. oh, my dad is doing very well! he was smart in saving money and investing in a home here in the bay area. the home he's in is worth over a million, but it's mainly due to location, many, many homes in this area are over a mil. i'm forty-one, so i've also had time to move up, and i was fortunate enough to have advanced schooling to put me in the place i'm at.

am not trying to brag at all. many more people are more successful than me. my younger brother makes a lot more than i do lol.

I help my kids as much as I can. But when parents buy their kids new cars when they haven’t worked a day in their life, it’s bad parenting. My kids got part time jobs. I helped them get used cars, they pay for their own gas and repairs. I can afford to do it all for them. But they needed to learn the value of a dollar and to respect what you own. They get good grades, play sports, and will be good adults. Some of their friends are spoiled brats.you think you are doing right by them, but you are hurting them. Also a blank resume when you graduate college means no life experience, means fuck you I will hire a non silver spoon person.

Totally agree. Shaq is in a tough spot because a lambo to him is like a really nice dinner to Joe schmoe....but still giving a Lambo to a kid will most likely cripple them.

Totally agree. Shaq is in a tough spot because a lambo to him is like a really nice dinner to Joe schmoe....but still giving a Lambo to a kid will most likely cripple them.
Wait why
Because they’ll crash it ?

Wait why
Because they’ll crash it ?

No not literally. But what's there to look forward to when you are handed the greatest luxuries money can buy? Why better yourself? Why create anything? Money is extremely overrated imo...its the journey that counts. Theres no journey to being handed shit that you didn't earn

No not literally. But what's there to look forward to when you are handed the greatest luxuries money can buy? Why better yourself? Why create anything? Money is extremely overrated imo...its the journey that counts. Theres no journey to being handed shit that you didn't earn
Yup....and also giving a kid that kind of horsepower is stupid anyway

What a an asshole. No way in hell would let my kids struggle if I have the means to make their life easier. That attitude is so selfish. I made all this money and no way in hell am I gonna share with the children I made. WTF. Why have kids if you just want to make their life a living hell? And make them beg for money on the streets instead giving them what you have. Asshole. I bet he never even once helped with their homework. Just sat there in his million dollar houses and watch them cry cause they didn't understand math or something.

What a an asshole. No way in hell would let my kids struggle if I have the means to make their life easier. That attitude is so selfish. I made all this money and no way in hell am I gonna share with the children I made. WTF. Why have kids if you just want to make their life a living hell? And make them beg for money on the streets instead giving them what you have. Asshole. I bet he never even once helped with their homework. Just sat there in his million dollar houses and watch them cry cause they didn't understand math or something.
breaking-bad-jesse-pinkman.gif

He may not just throw cash at them, but his kids will still have a substantial advantage with connections and opportunity at a relatively low risk. I see that often with kids from rich parents. They can take huge risk with different business ventures or even more schooling because parents will support it and have something to fall back on if they fail. They also have connections that most would not otherwise. Good for Shaq for not wanting to enable them and hand them money on a silver platter. I would do the same.

Back