Shaping up to be an amazing year of MMA

Aegon Spengler

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Who else is extremely excited for the rest of this year in MMA? We're getting Cain vs JDS 3, then Hendricks GSP, then Pettis Thomson, and then Anderson vs Weidman 2. That's all packed in between now and the end of the year.
It's been awesome already and it's going out with a bang. Honestly this might be one of the best single years in MMA history.

In 2013 we got to see (among many other things):

Cain vs JDS 2
The rise of Renan Barao
Belfort KO'd Bisping
Aldo vs Edgar (kind of a superfight)
Introduction of womens MMA to the UFC with an awesome fight between Rhondo and Carmouche
Bisping being KO'd
Wanderlei Silva return to glory in Japan against Brian Stann
GSP vs Diaz (been waiting for that one for years)
Nog vs Werdum (been waiting years)
The KO of Michael Bisping
Barnett vs Mir (been waiting years)
Overeem vs Bigfoot
Condit vs Hendricks (which was extra great because it was unexpected)
Maia vs Fitch and it wasn't a sloppy boxing match! They grappled!
And in the HL of the year IMO We got to see Bendo get subbed in the first round and Pettis win the title in dramatic and decisive fasion + a slaughterknocker between Jones and Gustaffson

It's too bad Hendo and Shogun had bad years but I'm excited for the future of MMA with guys like Johnny Hendricks, Jon Jones, Gustafssen etc around.

IMO MMA and the UFC rises and falls on the strength of its biggest stars and the future looks bright...especially the near future.

And of course, just to repeat that future holds Cain vs JDS, A mighty mouse title defense on free TV, then Hendricks GSP, then Pettis Thomson, and then Anderson vs Weidman 2 as I said at the start, and it's crazy that that's all packed in between now and the end of the year.

IMO 2013 is the best year calendar year in MMA history since 2007 or 2008 when they were bringing the Pride and UFC guys together.

Last edited:
I take it you enjoyed seeing Bisping get KO'd? I will never understand why he didn't make any attempts to wrestle with Vitor. He had to know he couldn't win a striking match.

But... but... the UFC is on the decline. It will be bankrupt by 2015.

MMA is dying man, haven't you heard?

In reality yeah, the rest of this year looks great.

conor-mcgregor-2.jpg

2013 is an awesome year.

2012 was shitty because of all those injuries.

Who else is extremely excited for the rest of this year in MMA? We're getting Cain vs JDS 2, then Hendricks GSP, then Pettis Thompson, and then Anderson vs Weidman 2. That's all packed in between now and the end of the year.
It's been awesome already and it's going out with a bang. Honestly this might be one of the best single years in MMA history.

In 2013 we got to see (among many other things):

Cain vs JDS 2
The rise of Renan Barao
Belfort KO'd Bisping
Aldo vs Edgar (kind of a superfight)
Introduction of womens MMA to the UFC with an awesome fight between Rhondo and Carmouche
Bisping being KO'd
Wanderlei Silva return to glory in Japan against Brian Stann
GSP vs Diaz (been waiting for that one for years)
Nog vs Werdum (been waiting years)
The KO of Michael Bisping
Barnett vs Mir (been waiting years)
Overeem vs Bigfoot
Condit vs Hendricks (which was extra great because it was unexpected)
Maia vs Fitch and it wasn't a sloppy boxing match! They grappled!
And in the HL of the year IMO We got to see Bendo get subbed in the first round and Pettis win the title in dramatic and decisive fasion + a slaughterknocker between Jones and Gustaffson

Did you invent this word?

what a great year for mma history, any time you went to the UFC page, there were exciting fights coming up and there still are

I hope MMA survives long enough for Weidman - Silva 2, Cain - JDS 3 and St Pierre - Hendricks

I'm really excited to see Gus fight again. After watching his performance against jones, I went back and watched some of his older fights. Def a fan of him now. Still a fan of Jones too.

Maybe people will actually start to spell Thomsons name properly.

Sorry, it's against my religion to use apostrophes to show possession.

Any year Bisping gets knocked the fuck out is a good year. And Mia vs Fitch was great because Fitch got Fitched and then booted out of the UFC (long time coming).

Normally, I would knuckle under the rules my Deity set in place but I'm on my last warning.

If I start showing possession I'll be damned to a place I'm tortured by bad decisions consistently.

Back