Shannon Sharpe on Conor McGregor beating Donald Cerrone: I Didn't Get A Lot Out Of It.

Do you agree with Shannon Sharpe on Conor McGregor's win at UFC 246?

• Total voters
I guess hes good for casuals and to bring extra light to the sport, doesnt really know what hes talking about though

I don't pay much attention to any of the talking heads but he's not wrong. Conor deserves a ton of credit but at the same time, it's fair to say that Cowboy has spit the bit in every big fight he's ever had when the pressure to perform was on him. That's likely one of the reasons he got this fight. The UFC needed a name opponent and someone Conor could look like the second coming of Mike Tyson against.

Cowboy often looks great against good fighters when there's no pressure but six first round stoppages in his biggest fights is a pretty telling statistic.

Jon Anik: "Cowboy's won a lot of big fights, beat Alexander Hernandez". :D

He's right

Showed nothing about Conor's grappling or cardio, which have always been questions

Shannon is not allowed to speak without clearing his words first with Lebron James..

NO NO BUT SHANNON S NOT AN EXPERT!! HE S NEVER FOUGHT BEFORE LOL, SMH...Well, using that logic SHERTARDS, I CAN IGNORE 99.5% OF THE OPINIONS ABOUT MMA ON THIS FORUM, cause 99.5% of you have no professional mma fights either ....hypocrite anyone??

Last edited:
Who cares what an ex football player has to say? He is a blowhard idiot.

I don't know about being a blowhard idiot...he said pretty much the same thing or close to what a lot of us have. From 2013-2016 Cowboy was 12-1. From 2017-2020 Cowboy is 4-7. 5 of those losses by TKO. 2 TKO losses before the Conor fight. Conors win would be much more impressive if he beat Cowboy in 2015 or 2016 but beating a weathered Cowboy who is past his prime doesn't seem like that big of an accomplishment for Conor.

Sherdoggers calling shannon and stephen A blowhard idiots with no fight exp (just for doing their jobs),
is the ultimate pot calling the kettle black lol...mixed with some Joe rogan nut huggery

Its to be expected though, considering the average IQ level of posters on here

MMA is so insecure they cant handle any TRUE criticism.

everyone said conor would destroy cowboy even haters who give conor no credit admited it.

And now someone outside of the industry mentions it. everyone loses their shit.

Something tells me Rogan won't be calling him out for this like he did SAS.

232fc2639b26971de708096164449e20.jpg

I truly despise SKIP ShANNOn and Smith....

Something tells me Rogan won't be calling him out for this like he did SAS.

232fc2639b26971de708096164449e20.jpg
I bet as long as joe sets it up, he spinning back licks Shannons jaw like a boomerang hitting a koala bear.. Never sees it comin

I bet as long as joe sets it up, he spinning back licks Shannons jaw like a boomerang hitting a koala bear.. Never sees it comin
joes kicks are slow and predictable. it is hard to hit moving targets when you kick like that.

Uncle Shay did his homework... he's spot on. Not only does Cerrone have 50 fights, most of them are in the UFC! And he was fighting at a high level in the WEC before that... Only a handful of fights at the regional/local level.

He ought to retire. It's not even hyperbole to say that the average layman could've put up a better fight against Conor.

I guess hes good for casuals and to bring extra light to the sport, doesnt really know what hes talking about though
You say all this but where is Sharp wrong......mma fans Is way to sensitive

Last edited:
You say all this but where is Sharp wrong......mma fans USA way to sensitive
I'll be entirely honest...I stopped watching when he likened it to wrestling an alligator......

you ask where he is wrong? right there ^ lol...PS Im not american

Every other top Lightweight and Welterweight would have destroyed this version of Cowbow. McGregor destroying him is nothing special at all.

This is Sherdog. Can you people stop pretending you're casuals? I understand people that don't watch MMA would be impressed because they only tune in for the McGregor fights, but can y'all stop acting like you just started watching MMA?

Omg wtf how dare he, Shannon Sharpe can't take that left hand

Back