Shane Mosley: "UFC and MMA respect women fighters more than boxing"

Scott Coker is the true pioneer of WMMA, not the UFC.

12-2 getting a title fight on PPV.

Womens boxing is just as weak, so Ronda might have a chance at boxing title

He's trying to get the females and Ronda fans to support his PPV by putting women on it.

Its cool he's giving women a chance but his PPV is shit and not worth buying.

Sorry to say but there never been a woman like Ronda in boxing, plenty of hot women in boxing but never with the star power like Ronda, Gina would have never made to the same level as Ronda if she stayed in MMA. Gina has the looks but no personality and Ronda type of skills.

Yeah, but imagine how much money they make with all those sponsors and stuff!

/s

Actually, now this has got me interested in knowing how much money Holly Holm made in her boxing career, did she fight on any PPVs?

Gary SHaw is, then Coker ran with it then UFC took it to the mainstream.

This.

Perhaps that is the greatest thing EliteXC achieved. But all they will be remembered for...

20081006013057_img_1051.jpg

...is that.

"This is the greatest moment in MMA history!"

And I'm glad they do....

No one wants to watch a boxing card head lined by Christie Martin, Mia St. John, Laila, or even Anne Wolf.
If mma fans want to watch women fight, let em.... just don't shit up boxing with that.

Shane Mosley missing the point like Pearl Harbour missed the mark.

The UFC doesn't respect women any more than boxing does, it just happens that the UFC has a woman who can draw gangbuster numbers. The UFC respects $$, and if you're someone who can bring in the $$ for the UFC, they will respect you, regardless if you're a tattooed leprechaun or a chubby pokemon nerd with bad body odour.

Respect in what way?

Women MMA popularity was not big at all and it required Gina's sex appeal in addition to her skill set to keep the gimmick going. UFC didn't even want a woman's division a few years ago, straight from Danas mouth. It appears respect is only given if you are popular enough to sell tickets in the UFC. :)

By respect, if he means boxing promoters aren't heavily promoting them, then I agree.

This.

Perhaps that is the greatest thing EliteXC achieved. But all they will be remembered for...

20081006013057_img_1051.jpg

...is that.

"This is the greatest moment in MMA history!"

That's the most I have ever laughed in my life.

Watching the event with my (ex) GF, and her family. They're all from Miami (via Colombia) and excited that Kimbo (we went to the same High School) is a big deal.

I try to explain he's just an internet hype job only to be brushed aside.

Hilarity ensues.

Back