Shane Mosley says Floyd Mayweather hits as hard as Saul Alvarez

In terms of 1 punch power, Canelo more than likely has Floyd beat. But when Floyd catches you, you're off balance, coming in, not expecting it, whatever. The way I see it, Floyd's power is "situational" ie: he puts himself in a position to hit you when you're not ready to receive the shot/your momentum is working against you or any number of other reasons, thereby maximizing the damage he can do with his punches.

This is well said.

It seems a lot of fighters turn bitter with age and tend to contradict everything that is known, just for the sake of doing so. .

How about maybe they're talking from experience ?

As if they start using the weight of their accomplishments and experience to give value to some opinion opposite of GENERAL KNOWLEDGE , since they can't oust everybody by simply performing anymore. .

It's generally acknowledged that the average person is generally stupid.

Floyd hits you when you don't see it. So you aren't prepared. No way I believe a former lightweight hit's as hard as a JMW.

I believe it. When you train right and learn to use your body weight behind your punch, it can be blunt force trama. Until you've been hit by either of these fighters, go a head and not believe it. Don't believe something you haven't experienced or hear from a pro boxing who has been hit by both...

Don't believe something you haven't experienced or hear from a pro boxing who has been hit by both...

I+work+out+.+he+kept+on+saying+I+work+out_b95376_3222837.jpg

No fucking way Floyd hits as hard as Canelo. Floyd ko's people based on precision, speed, and power in that order. Canelo is power, precision, speed.

Canelo's a little faster than he gets credit for and Floyd has a little more pop than he gets credit for but it's not even close with who can hit harder. I still like Shane though.

PS- Mosley/Malignaggi fight of the century.

apples to oranges.

Floyd is by no means a power puncher, but his punches are crisp, accurate and fast which of course equals to more power.

I think Floyd will really start knocking guys out if he follows through with his punches, but that would also put him at more risk.

Why are people suddenly acting as though Alvarez is some devastating power puncher?

Why are people suddenly acting as though Alvarez is some devastating power puncher?

been scratching my head at this for the past year or so.

i dont see it.

im not one to call someone a hype machine, but mother of god this alvarez talk lately has been outrageous.

i didnt realize he was a mike tyson puncher. must have missed a few fights.

im not one to call someone a hype machine, but mother of god this alvarez talk lately has been outrageous.

i didnt realize he was a mike tyson puncher. must have missed a few fights.

See, I've been hard on the guy from the beginning because he was an obvious hype job. I do think he's coming into his own now though.

That said, I don't think hes a great puncher. He has shown the ability to break guys down but theres no real KO power in his hands.

People say that Alvarez is a bigger puncher than Floyd, I would say Mosley was less willing to fight when Floyd started touching him than in his fight with Alvarez.

One of the most overlooked strengths of PBF is his power...

many people, especially newcomers to the sport, or a$$Holes from the UFC forum and fighter bashers still think PBF is this weak "tip tap", boxer..

Just take a look at what he did to Arturo Gatti, N'dou, and I think it was in the 10th or
11th round where he completely rocked SSM, and the 12th round of Cotto...

Someone else said it much more eloquently, but another reason why PBF's shots hurt or have potentially devasting effect is because sometimes his opponents never see the shots coming, or are caught completely off balance.

See, I've been hard on the guy from the beginning because he was an obvious hype job. I do think he's coming into his own now though.

That said, I don't think hes a great puncher. He has shown the ability to break guys down but theres no real KO power in his hands.

People say that Alvarez is a bigger puncher than Floyd, I would say Mosley was less willing to fight when Floyd started touching him than in his fight with Alvarez.

hes a fantastic tallent.

i just really dont understand the obsession over his punching power. i dont see it.

Canelo, second only to Maidana is the most improved fighter this year...

Canelo (I'm still not buying the hype yet) has made leaps and bounds in terms of skill, boxing acumen etc.

And to play Devils advocate, he did KTFO Baldomir who rarely gets hurt.

I don't think Floyd will have a very hard time with Canelo and I've even said before I think Floyd could maybe even stop him. Canelo's power might be overrated and Floyd's underrated, but he still hits harder than Floyd. Doesn't mean he's devastating. Devastating would be Bailey or Wlad or Matthysse etc.

Canelo's hype job has been fantastic. All these people bragging about his insane power when he has been knocking out faded ghosts and people a lot smaller than him.

Back