Shane Del Rosarios luck in the UFC so far.

he didn't beat Barry up in every facet of MMA. Lol that's just ridiculous. he struggled for a few take downs and the stand up was about you even or slight edge Barry. it's not bad luck the guys just not that good

I think you are right Mom I watched both those fights.....seemed like he was overwhelmed both times by his opponents offense....when they were defensive he did ok....but once they turned up the juice he couldn't keep up....

I remember back when he was a huge prospect and was one of the most promising guys in the division(he was getting a lot more buzz than Cormier at the time), and now ever since the accident he's really just looked like a D-level fighter.

It looked like the sky was the limit for this dude, I don't know what the fuck happened or how the accident has effected him, but damn I never thought he would get ko'd like that by Barry.

I'm not saying he is a top contender but it seemed like he had so much promise. His conditioning has just been absolutely awful and he just looks bad.

i like him and wish him well, seems like a really nice guy too

He's still dealing with the car accident/ufc experience I think. Like how Frank Mir as awful after his accident. He'll be back.

Pat caught him coming in with the left....but just before that he got wobbled with another combo, and that was it. Pat has the power to KO anyone in the UFC except maybe Nelson....and before any of you add Hunt to the list, rememeber Manhoef???

So it's luck that he lost. I'm sure Pat Barry had his eyes closed when he threw that knockout punch

I thought with move to UFC he would tear it up, but had long layoff from car accident and hasn't been the case
Still big fan though, he should Meathead his next fight

I remember back when he was a huge prospect and was one of the most promising guys in the division(he was getting a lot more buzz than Cormier at the time), and now ever since the accident he's really just looked like a D-level fighter.

It looked like the sky was the limit for this dude, I don't know what the fuck happened or how the accident has effected him, but damn I never thought he would get ko'd like that by Barry.

I'm not saying he is a top contender but it seemed like he had so much promise. His conditioning has just been absolutely awful and he just looks bad.

I don't think it was the accident, though anything's possible. Look at his pre-UFC record. He's been out of the second round once his entire career, and these fights were against much lesser competition. In the UFC he's looked good in both his first rounds and then fallen in the second. Its clearly a cardio issue/inability to deal with pressure.

Shane was so tired by the start of that 2nd round in the Barry fight that i really doubt he could have answered the bell for the 3rd, even if he hadn't gotten KTFO'd. (then again, i did see Rothwell go the full 15 in Denver against Hunt...)

In any case, it can't be easy coming back after an accident like the one he was in. I hope the UFC cuts him some slack. I would like to see him take on a guy like Phil De Fries next. Someone very much beatable to start building his confidence back up.

I like SDR, but he didn't beat up Pat Barry one second of that fight. I saw him trying to take the easy way out by grappling him in the first. he would have done the same in the second, but he got tired as fuck. He needs to lose some of that mass he's put on since moving from StrikeForce. Its messing him up.

lmao 10-8 somebody has a man crush i didnt even bother to read after that

not gonna lie. Before the tourney in SF, I thought he was the more legit future contender than Cormier

Wow, this guy has been so unfortunate in his first 2 UFC fights. In the Stipe Miocic fight, he puts a Muay Thai/Kickboxing clinic on Stipe in the first round, which would've probably been worth a 10-8 if Stipe hadn't managed to take him down in the last 10 seconds. Second round, Stipe takes him down and elbows the shit out of him taking home the TKO victory. In the Pat Barry fight, he beats Barry up in every facet of MMA in the first round. Second round gets caught and KTFO. This guy has so much potential but damn what tough losses he's received.

Nope. Not even close

Also, No more 10-8 rounds please. This is MMA not boxing; 3 round matches.
10-8s is the most retarded shit ive ever heard

I've watched him for awhile now, and I can honestly say he hasn't been the same since the accident. Hopefully he will get back to 100%, but there is a chance that he may never get back to his former self.

Maybe he's not as good as people thought he was. Just a thought.

While I admit his 1st rounds are impressive, he has worse cardio than bj penn :/

I definitely felt bad for him, especially because of the car accident.

Pat caught him coming in with the left....but just before that he got wobbled with another combo, and that was it. Pat has the power to KO anyone in the UFC except maybe Nelson....and before any of you add Hunt to the list, rememeber Manhoef???

Who's to say somebody (else) couldn't put Nelson's lights out??? Arlovski did. So I'll add Hunt to the list because Manhoef could KO anything walking on planet Earth.

I've watched him for awhile now, and I can honestly say he hasn't been the same since the accident. Hopefully he will get back to 100%, but there is a chance that he may never get back to his former self.

Why can you honestly say that? Since when pre-accident has he even made it to the second round for you to base that on? I think people are making too much of his hype.

Just a thought. He finishes subpar competition in the first round. Then he makes it to the UFC and faces UFC competition. Maybe, just maybe, quality of competition and having to fight past round one could make a difference in his performance? Most UFC heavyweights would make mincemeat out of every opponent he's ever faced, with the exception of Lavar who he submitted.

Last edited:
Back