Shane Del Rosario...

Hmm... when the fight happened, I had the feeling he looked like he didn't want to be in there. He was making some very amateurish pain-faces when he was getting tagged and all around looking very gassed/sloppy throughout the fight.

I agree it didnt look right throughout the whole fight. Was painful to watch because I know how much better he is then that.

To all the other people saying Barry deserves more credit, yes he does, ill give you that. Barry came in and whooped SDR. Congrats to him, I just expected SDR to walk through him. Not because of MMAth but because SDR has shown he is better in most fields against opponents of Barry's caliber. He wasn't a step up from Lavar or Mahe, this fight was made for SDR to win. Indeed i am butthurt, I hope SDR comes back strong but he needs some time to recoup.

Yeah, let's not give any credit to Pat Barry at all.

Pretty much this

Because Pat's just supposed to automatically tap once the fight hits the ground right?

Not because of MMAth but because SDR has shown he is better in most fields against opponents of Barry's caliber.

Uh ...

That's MMAth

that's my fear, still think some rehabbing is neccessary because he doesn't look the same. I noticed he gassed very fast also. And yea those injuries are life changing :icon_sad: i thought for sure he would beat barry

this

I remember it too, he was doing pretty well until Stipe took the fight down.

Seriously, this is exactly what Barry has been saying a couple of months ago, about people not giving enough credit to the fighters.

''Oh Barry looked awful on the ground'' What about SDR being a good grappler?

''Wow SDR looked awful in the second being KO'd so fast by Pat fucken Barry'' What about Pat did very well to survive SDR's grappling in the first, and all that offensive grappling took its toll on SDR's gastank, and Barry did an AWESOME job at staying calm, keeping his composure and managing his energy expense. Then Barry used his SUPERIOR striking to score a KO in the 2nd and there's nothing to be ashamed in being KO'd by one of the best natural striker at HW.

Less hate, more credit please

Great post

This thread's whining has made me want to see Hardonk vs SDR now.

Also: WAR HD!

I like Barry, always have, hes exciting for sure. But in all honesty I think his stand up is over rated and his ground game is terrible. His kicks looked good on Saturday though, he doesn't utilize them enough, SDR shoulda beat him wherever the fight went

Well for what its worth Brock said that it doesnt get any better than Pat Barry as far as striking goes......:icon_lol:

I remember he almost got put out by a no name which isn't a great sign. I don't think his striking was as good as some people thought it was even before his accident. Someone with power and decent striking like Barry would have always been a difficult proposition.

Back