Shane Del Rosario...

Sicarii

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
What could have been...

Before the car accident he was on a tear. Amazing stand up and awesome submissions. Set to fight Cormier for a replacement spot in the Strikeforce HW Grand Prix. Hell before the tourny even began I thought he would still have a chance of getting in the tourny and winning, possibly being the first to beat Fedor. Yea a long shot but he is talented as hell.

The loss this weekend to Barry showed me that the accident has set him back a lot more then I thought. Saddened me to see him lose to Barry of all people, I thought he would walk through him like nothing. What's next for SDR now? Is he going to get cut? Get another UFC fight? Take a year off to train, maybe rehab if hes not 100%?

What are your thoughts on SDR since joining the UFC, and what are you expecting next from him?

I don't think he looked unhealthy, he was hardly wrecking everyone in Strikeforce. He was still struggling at times, maybe he's just not as good as people thought.

He was really really good before that car crash. Believe me, a back or neck injury can utterly RUIN your life for a while. He gassed after that grappling exchange horribly and got tagged. I really hope he can take some time off and get things sorted out. You never know, his back may still be bothering him.

He was really really good before that car crash. Believe me, a back or neck injury can utterly RUIN your life for a while. He gassed after that grappling exchange horribly and got tagged. I really hope he can take some time off and get things sorted out. You never know, his back may still be bothering him.

that's my fear, still think some rehabbing is neccessary because he doesn't look the same. I noticed he gassed very fast also. And yea those injuries are life changing :icon_sad: i thought for sure he would beat barry

let him take some time off, he should fight Herman after his suspension. Loser leaves town.

Yeah, let's not give any credit to Pat Barry at all.

I like Barry, always have, hes exciting for sure. But in all honesty I think his stand up is over rated and his ground game is terrible. His kicks looked good on Saturday though, he doesn't utilize them enough, SDR shoulda beat him wherever the fight went

Guy looks good on paper but in the cage he strikes me as a great big mountain of dough (I don't mean that physically, BTW). He may just be too soft for the UFC.

That's what I was thinking as well....truthfully i thought Shane was going to win the fight however Barry looked dramatically better in the grappling department. I think we all need to give him a little credit for keeping the fight standing and getting out of a bad position which not too long ago he would have been submitted easy.

That said I still think Shane is a great prospect, be it he is still recovering or what.

Yeah, I noticed that and thought it was pretty strange, too. Never seen him gassed that quickly before. Didn't realize he was in a car crash until you guys mentioned it.

This the same SDR that was nearly finished in a minute by Brandon Cash?

I like Barry, always have, hes exciting for sure. But in all honesty I think his stand up is over rated and his ground game is terrible. His kicks looked good on Saturday though, he doesn't utilize them enough, SDR shoulda beat him wherever the fight went

His ground game may not be that good, but he still had enough to work out of SDR having back control on him and was able to avoid being submitted. Perhaps SDR did gas out trying to finish the fight there, though I think it's silly to hint that Barry's punches only landed because Shane got tired and that Shane only got tired because of the accident.

Agree. I think he is a lot more talented than what we've seen in the UFC. I really hope the UFC doesn't cut him and he can get back to his winning ways.

Dos Anjos started out in the UFC with two losses and look at how good he is now.

His ground game may not be that good, but he still had enough to work out of SDR having back control on him and was able to avoid being submitted. Perhaps SDR did gas out trying to finish the fight there, though I think it's silly to hint that Barry's punches only landed because Shane got tired and that Shane only got tired because of the accident.

Barry did look good, defended on the ground which showed hes been working on it a lot, and I dont know what made SDR gas so much but he looked spent at the end of the round while Barry looked fresh and ready to go. Props to him, I just saw the fight going completely differently and I was dead wrong lol

No kidding. This thread is as much shit on Pat Barry as a SDR thread.
"WOW, losing to Barry means you really are fucked from that accident".

Didn't show me anything before to make me believe he couldn't get caught by Barry. He's had his losses, but he has a way of reaching a lot of great fighters chins, even strikers.

That's what I was thinking as well....truthfully i thought Shane was going to win the fight however Barry looked dramatically better in the grappling department. I think we all need to give him a little credit for keeping the fight standing and getting out of a bad position which not too long ago he would have been submitted easy.

That said I still think Shane is a great prospect, be it he is still recovering or what.

This

I take it people were using MMAth since LaVar Johnson beat Pat Barry but Johnson lost to SDR?

If SDR is as good as you all think, he'll bounce back.

He's going to the Frank Mur phase. Was on a tear, got into an accident, then look like shit.
Berry gets some props but Shane was gassing in the 2nd, plus his ground game was weak in the 1st

Back