Shane Carwin's possible use of roids

I'd hate to break everyone's heart,but MANY, if not most pro athletes use or have used PED's for a variety of reasons. Strength and size is one reason, but for most fighters and other weight class athletes, it's mostly used for recovery.

Oh, and Brock Lesnar has been caught with an HGH analog in 2001.(google it) It wouldn't surprise me if he also had many steroid cycles in the past. Although a few fighters do get caught, it is relatively easy to pass a piss test by the time of the fight. Most injectable steroids are out of your system within weeks,unlike the oral steroids. And if you know what you're doing,you will keep a lot of your strength and size gains after a cycle.

I understand that it's considered cheating because of the rules. But one must question why that is a rule in the first place. A vast majority only know what TV tells them. Most people are under the impression that steroids and other PED's can not be used safely. This simply is not true. It seems to me, that most people are ignorant to how steroids/PED's work and are afraid of them. So, when one is afraid, one will push to ban what they fear.

I'd hate to break everyone's heart,but MANY, if not most pro athletes use or have used PED's for a variety of reasons. Strength and size is one reason, but for most fighters and other weight class athletes, it's mostly used for recovery.

Oh, and Brock Lesnar has been caught with an HGH analog in 2001.(google it) It wouldn't surprise me if he also had many steroid cycles in the past. Although a few fighters do get caught, it is relatively easy to pass a piss test by the time of the fight. Most injectable steroids are out of your system within weeks,unlike the oral steroids. And if you know what you're doing,you will keep a lot of your strength and size gains after a cycle.

I understand that it's considered cheating because of the rules. But one must question why that is a rule in the first place. A vast majority only know what TV tells them. Most people are under the impression that steroids and other PED's can not be used safely. This simply is not true. It seems to me, that most people are ignorant to how steroids/PED's work and are afraid of them. So, when one is afraid, one will push to ban what they fear.

true.

I hate to prolong this thread that should be in the heavies with the other 100 threads just like it.

But what do you know about steroids? what do you know about testing? How do you know that most pro fighter s use them?

Sounds to me like someone is talking out of there ass.

But please, enlighten us with some facts instead of what you think because just because you think something does not make it true.

right and you bring up brock from 2001. it is 2010. have you seen the difference between wwe brock and ufc brock?

But what do you know about steroids?
Please be more specific. What exactly do you want to know? I'm no expert,but I do know more about them than the average talking head, parroting back"facts" that they heard from TV. Maybe you can do a bit of your own research? Just an idea.

what do you know about testing?
I know that certain steroids are out of your system within weeks.Testosterone propionate for example is out of your system after 2-3 weeks of discontinued use. What specific question do you have regarding that? It is very possible to cycle while training,go through PCT(post cycle therapy) and then drug test right afterward. If you use the proper gear, they won't find shit. What do you not understand about that?

How do you know that most pro fighter s use them?
I spoke to someone who works with many pro athletes,including boxers and MMA fighters. According to him, the pro athlete that HAS NEVER USED is the exception, not the rule. I'm not naming names so you can take my word for it or not. Don't care either way.

Sounds to me like someone is talking out of there ass.
That must be the echo of your own voice.

But please, enlighten us with some facts instead of what you think because just because you think something does not make it true.
Maybe you should follow your own advice. Sounds to me like you're in disbelief that your heroes use or have used PEDs. I don't know who used what for a fact,(other than confirmed reports)but I can make a much more educated guess than you apparently can. What makes you think that they aren't using? Their looks? Different steroids and different dosing protocols are used for different goals. Not everyone who used PED's will use them to look "jacked". While you can argue that I don't "know for a fact' who is using what, you can not prove for a fact that they aren't using. See how that works? Because of the general public's view on PEDs,these guys can't be honest;it's got to be a secret.

right and you bring up brock from 2001. it is 2010. have you seen the difference between wwe brock and ufc brock?
Brock was 180lbs in high school. A few years later he gained over 100 muscular pounds. Genetics? LOL. Believe what you want, he's already been caught with a drug that is very similar to HGH that essentially does the same thing. Oh, but that was 10 years ago so it's impossible to happen again,ok. He lost something like 60 pounds while in the hospital and gained it right back within a few months. Explain that. BTW,there is virtually no way to test for hgh or any similar analogs. Even while you're on them.

I dunno. I think brock is just one in a billion that can pack meat on like noone else. Read an article when he was in college where he was regularly tested and he put on over 60 pounds of muscle with a 9% bodyfat. very impressive. Another man that comes to mind is Alexander karelin. The guy was a genetic freak. passed every olympic drug test known to man. people still have their doubts but could never prove it or even formulate a theory on how he could get away with it. I think there are people out there that just defy logic when it comes to body composition.

lol! he def never used em nope

I have yet to find definitive proof that steroids actually are unhealthy for you at lower doses. What disease can be PROVEN by medical science to be from steroids? The only death I have heard of was Lyle Alzado but that was a brain tumor.

Also you have to consider that ANYTHING taken at high doses and/or for long periods of time is bad for you.
Eat 7 Whoppers a day for 5 years and see what happens to you. Take a bottle of aspirin and let me know if you avoid the ER.

Also for those that are basing roid use on looks dont forget Royce was busted for them and he was far from "jacked".

I still laugh when people automatically assume someone is "clean" because they passed a drug test. Pleeeease.

watch bigger,faster,stronger...should answer questions..also olympic athletes in this country apparently use steriods and get away with it....

UFC should have olympic-style testing - maybe let the athletes pay for it themselves but offer slightly higher purses to athletes who get it, since clean athletes are much more marketable.

Olympic-standard testing means nothing. It's beaten all the time at the...Olympics.

**opens butt** and blah blah blah blah

again, you are talking out of your ass.

the cops thought brock had steroids. Turns out these PILLS were not sterioids. So and uneducated cop says well it was Growth Hormone but it appears that it was not and that Growth Hormone does not come in pills.

Now, Brock was not arrested. Can we agree on this point or do you want to talk out of your ass again?
now, the cops try to bust brock and do not-- guess why? because he did not have anything illegal. They need a certain thing called facts which you do not.

I could care less if brock ever did them as he was in wwf or whatever. I am saying that he might not do them now--he appears to be smaller now than he was back then.

I weighed 165 when I was 20. I would out for one summer for one hour a day, six days a week and put on 35 pounds of mostly muscle. All i did was use creatine. and I actually had some people ask me if i did steroids.

Also, you say you know someone? who? even if you do know someone in real life doesn't mean they are not full of shit.

Also, it is so easy to beat steroid tests that even people who post here and talk out of their ass know how to beat these test: why does barnett get caught 3 times. why does sherk get caught. why does carina damm get caught?

I guess you know so much more about steroids than these "obvious and habitual users of steriods which all pros are, i mean come on, they have to be--they are getting paid to do something"

So again, brock has not been busted. Shane was buying them before he was in the ufc according to these allegations.

But somehow you and your imaginary friend know every pro athlete in the world and you know they all do steroids.

How is Imagination Land this time of year? Is it summery?

perhaps Barnett got a tainted supplement, i hear that happens, that doesn't mean he wasn't using, it means something unexpected happened. i think also perhaps guys get stuff they haven't used before and may get caught cause they don't realize how long it stays with them. just a guess

again, you are talking out of your ass.
the cops thought brock had steroids. Turns out these PILLS were not sterioids. So and uneducated cop says well it was Growth Hormone but it appears that it was not and that Growth Hormone does not come in pills.
Yes, I know real HGH does not come in pill form. The story I heard was that he had something similar to HGH. They never specified what. (I'm assuming it could have been one of it's many analogs such as CJC-1295 or GHRP-6)

Now, Brock was not arrested. Can we agree on this point or do you want to talk out of your ass again?
now, the cops try to bust brock and do not-- guess why? because he did not have anything illegal. They need a certain thing called facts which you do not.
Listen fuckwad,I know what Brock had was technically not illegal. You can buy an analog of virtually ANY drug via the internet if you know where and how to look. Under the federal analog act, it's technically not illegal to possess an "analog drug" as long as they can not prove you have used the compound. Look it up.

I could care less if brock ever did them as he was in wwf or whatever. I am saying that he might not do them now--he appears to be smaller now than he was back then.
I weighed 165 when I was 20. I would out for one summer for one hour a day, six days a week and put on 35 pounds of mostly muscle. All i did was use creatine. and I actually had some people ask me if i did steroids.
Yes,but a fucking 100 muscular pounds? lol, Think what ever you want and keep on rambling,you still sound foolish.

Also, you say you know someone? who? even if you do know someone in real life doesn't mean they are not full of shit.
For confidentiality reasons,I can not and will not say who. There is a chance he could be "full of shit", but I highly,HIGHLY doubt it. Like I said,take my word for it or don't. I DON'T GIVE A FUCK!

Also, it is so easy to beat steroid tests that even people who post here and talk out of their ass know how to beat these test: why does barnett get caught 3 times. why does sherk get caught. why does carina damm get caught?
Poor planing perhaps? We don't know the actual circumstances. You should be a politician. I notice you keep accusing me of the same exact thing that you're doing: talking out of your ass.

I guess you know so much more about steroids than these "obvious and habitual users of steriods which all pros are, i mean come on, they have to be--they are getting paid to do something"
What do you know about PEDs exactly? Obviously nothing if I had to explain to you that it IS possible to plan a cycle around a fight. So, if someone fucks up on their cycle and gets caught,then that means that the drug tests are always right? Is that what you're saying? Because something went wrong for a couple of fighters, that means what I said about proper cycling isn't true?

So again, brock has not been busted. Shane was buying them before he was in the ufc according to these allegations.
Brock was busted. The charges were dropped but, he had "an HGH-like substance". As I had already attempted to explain to you, there are such things as drug analogs. This is likely what he had.

But somehow you and your imaginary friend know every pro athlete in the world and you know they all do steroids.How is Imagination Land this time of year? Is it summery?
Ok. I'm starting to realize why you're so butthurt about what I said. I must have insulted your hero Brock Lesnar. If you would please take the time to pull Lesnar's dick from your ears and listen with an unbiased, un-brainwashed mind, perhaps you'll actual learn something other than anonymously slandering others over the internet. IT IS TOTALLY within the realm of possibility to safely and effectively use a variety of PEDs and still not get caught doing it. That is one reason I have to believe that many fighters use them. What reasonable doubt do you have? Rather than taking my word for it, do some of your own research. Rather than listening to what the TV says, do some of your own research. You'll find that much of what I say checks out. In regards to "most athletes" using them, that opinion is based somewhat on another person's opinion,but I'm sure that will mean nothing to you because I won't name the insider who told me about this. The fact remains that you're an ignorant fucktard and anyone who really does know about this sort of thing can plainly see that you're just trying to defend your hero for something you've been programed to think is bad.

The only person spewing verbal diarrhea is you. Don't throw stones when you live in a glass house. Now quit your barking little doggy and go away.

first off this should be in the heavyweights section.

and secondly i dont doubt brock or shane have taken steroids at a point in their life. brock was huge back in his wwe days and shane was much bigger back before the ufc. meaning once they got to the ufc they chilled out and stopped with the roids.

people dont realize that theres certain steroids that have very short half lives in the body and can show no signs of being there after a week or so. certain ufc fighters look like they juice just by the way their bodies look (alves, johnson, sherk). i wouldnt be suprised to see 40% of mma fighters juice. and i wouldnt care. if it was an olympic event and someone juiced id be dissapoint, but mma fighters make their career out of fighting, to juice to overcome from an injury or gain an edge is considered immoral by our standards. but to make more money to live off of and support your family is what needs to be done then do what you can to achieve it

LOL at people who think that fighters take HGH. Growth hormone has zero beneficial effects for an MMA fighter. It reduces your stamina, makes your muscles bigger without making them stronger, and it causes cancer.

first off this should be in the heavyweights section.
There are already a few threads about this in the Heavies. I just though it would be cool to talk about this with people who actually train and see their thoughts on this. I thought that maybe I'd avoid the pissing match and have a civil conversation. lol. That didn't seem to work as one poster here seems to have an emotional response to anyone advocating smart,responsible use.

and secondly i dont doubt brock or shane have taken steroids at a point in their life. brock was huge back in his wwe days and shane was much bigger back before the ufc. meaning once they got to the ufc they chilled out and stopped with the roids.
That very well could be true. If you know how to properly set up a PCT after a cycle and know how to properly eat to maintain your new size/strength,then you keep a lot of your gains. No need to continue use unless it's being used for recovery reasons,which is why,from what I understand, most fighters use them in the first place.

but mma fighters make their career out of fighting, to juice to overcome from an injury or gain an edge is considered immoral by our standards.
Why is that? That is a question I always ask. Why is it immoral? It's not like PEDs will make you a champion. They won't. In fact,the people who use PEDs use them because they train much harder than any average person does. By using PEDs you can make progress without over training,why is this a bad thing? The other argument is that it's "unsafe". This is another partial truth that is spread around. If you have not a clue what you're doing,then yes, it is potentially dangerous.The same thing can be said about driving a car or operating heavy machinery. The media made a huge scare campaign and that's what has become common knowledge.

I'm no doctor and I wouldn't even say I'm at an expert level of knowledge regarding PEDs, but I have taken the time to do my own unbiased research as well as talk with other professionals. The dangers of PEDs are very much overstated and many people's opinions are based off of what the media says rather than really taking the time to investigate to truth for themselves. This is why society at large is fucking retarded. The media is not about informing you, it's about sensationalism and ratings.

LOL at people who think that fighters take HGH. Growth hormone has zero beneficial effects for an MMA fighter. It reduces your stamina, makes your muscles bigger without making them stronger, and it causes cancer.
From what I understand,HGH is used more so for recovery/wear and tear insurance than gaining strength. Strength is more about training your central nervous system. HGH has been shown to induce hyperplasia(the splitting and increase of muscles cells) more so than hypertrophy(the increase of muscle cell size) This will create larger, but not necessarily stronger muscles. So, you're somewhat right about that. This is why many people will use HGH year round and cycle AAS in combination.(As well has hard training and a good diet,of course) If HGH had absolutely no merit, than why do so many baseball players and other athletes use it?

As for it causing cancer,that's not entirely accurate. If you already have a tumor or some kind of cancer forming, then yes,HGH will cause it to increase very rapidly.(see hyperplasia) This is why with all PEDs,getting checked out by a doctor,blood test,etc is very necessary if you plan to safely and effectively use these sorts of compounds.

+1. I read a study done at University of Oregon that they tested on athletes. The ones that used it gained muscle mass but not strength. They didn't gain any speed, in fact they retained water and added a few pounds.

Hgh at best is useful for trying to slow down aging like helping with male pattern baldness and gray hair, tighten up skin pores, and with long term use can reduce body fat. And even these results (which doesn't work for everybody) could take you a minimum of 6 months to even start seeing results.

The cancer part though...I don't think it can cause cancer but it can accelerate cancer growths if cancer cells already exist. I could be wrong.

edit: looks like Lord Wrath beat me to the punch.

Also regarding Carwin, if he's clean now I could give a shit. Just because he used 5 years ago, its not like he kept those gains over the years. In fact you almost have to stay on consistently to keep any type of gains at all. Body builders do multiple cycles per year when they compete and some never even come off (they use a blast and cruise method).

Last edited:
Lol @ Lord Wraith crying and getting upset

Lol @ Lord Wraith crying and getting upset

images

Back