Shamrock talks Dana: He knows sh*t

but it was a great fight.. it just wasn't a technical fight. they put everything out there that they had.

OK. Let's all remember for a brief second. Ken Shamrock was a star when MMA was nothing. He was a household name when MMA was synonymous with bar room brawls, despite his superior technique. Dana White was a boxing promoter who got lucky when the Fertitta bros went slumming. We, as MMA fans, owe EVERYTHING to guys like Ken Shamrock, Don Frye, Sakuraba, Tank Abbott, etc. Nowadays, they're an afterthought, but we must remember where we came from. MMA was in its infancy and guys like the Shamrock bros fought for the love of the game. There was no big payout in sight ever. They fought because they LOVE. TO. FIGHT. PERIOD. They didn't fight to win on points because there were no points. Every GSP fanboy owes their soul to Ken Shamrock and his compatriots. That being said, all of those guys would get whooped up on by the new breed. I'm just sayin', we should be respectful fans and give respect where respect is due. That is all. Dana White should be paying Ken Shamrock's rent. That's all I know.

You're out of your fucking mind. I was a Ken Shamrock WWF fan but as for fighting he was just a top guy that made a good fight boring. I'm sorry man but ALL those other guys you mentioned with him did more for the sport than he did. Name ONE legendary Shamrock fight... go ahead.... I'll wait...

Honestly, you don't really know what you're talking about.. Ken left the WWE for the UFC for a reason. If you had an employee like that you'd fire him too. His fights sucked and he talked constant shit about the company he worked for. I'd fire him in 2 seconds.

$$ Ken made them a ton, he carried them till 2006.. by then they was stable and Dana then decided to cut him over the IFL.. Dana wouldn't have dreamed of cutting Ken in between 2002-2005.

You're out of your fucking mind. I was a Ken Shamrock WWF fan but as for fighting he was just a top guy that made a good fight boring. I'm sorry man but ALL those other guys you mentioned with him did more for the sport than he did. Name ONE legendary Shamrock fight... go ahead.... I'll wait...

Ken Shamrock vs Frye
Ken Shamrock vs Severn 1
Ken Shamrock vs Johnson
Ken Shamrock vs Bas 1, 2
Ken Shamrock vs Takasashi

Honestly, you don't really know what you're talking about.. Ken left the WWE for the UFC for a reason. If you had an employee like that you'd fire him too. His fights sucked and he talked constant shit about the company he worked for. I'd fire him in 2 seconds.

lol, he didn't work for the ufc, the ufc was promoting his fights. he's not a 9-5 employee. did mike tyson work for don kings company? no, not in the traditional sense, they have a "contract" to promote x number of fights of y timeframe.

it's not the same as your job and your boss. and if you were bringing in the money for your company shamrock was, you can bet your boss would be paying you out big time. most boss' will.

zuffa was damn near bankrupt when dana and company decided not to pay shammy is ppv share.

All the early guys who put this sport on the map -- Shammy, Coleman, Randleman, etc -- got robbed of a lot of money imo

Pioneers rarely make money in any field. They just pave the way for the next generation.

lol, he didn't work for the ufc, the ufc was promoting his fights. he's not a 9-5 employee. did mike tyson work for don kings company? no, not in the traditional sense, they have a "contract" to promote x number of fights of y timeframe.

it's not the same as your job and your boss. and if you were bringing in the money for your company shamrock was, you can bet your boss would be paying you out big time. most boss' will.

zuffa was damn near bankrupt when dana and company decided not to pay shammy is ppv share.

The UFC is a private company. It is a business. He talked a lot of shit about them and I saw somebody name his fights. Go watch them. PLEASE go watch all those fights. I'm really tired of hearing about him. He was a great draw and a great entertainer but that's where it stops. Most of his marketability came from the WWF.

I like how Ken (a Heavyweight almost his whole career) was beat down by a blown up middleweight on the same card as Griffin Bonnar

I like how Ken (a Heavyweight almost his whole career) was beat down by a blown up middleweight on the same card as Griffin Bonnar

Ken was 42 and wrecked with injuries.

passing of the torch once again.

Ken Shamrock vs Frye
Ken Shamrock vs Severn 1
Ken Shamrock vs Johnson
Ken Shamrock vs Bas 1, 2
Ken Shamrock vs Takasashi

1. Don Frye has made every fight entertaining and it was his toughness that made that fight
2. A standing grapple match until Ken guillotined him
3. Fence war all ground and pound to a lesser opponent

I'm done though.. it's all crazy to see how many people really think he was an amazing fighter.

1. Don Frye has made every fight entertaining and it was his toughness that made that fight
2. A standing grapple match until Ken guillotined him
3. Fence war all ground and pound to a lesser opponent

I'm done though.. it's all crazy to see how many people really think he was an amazing fighter.

Ken and Frye both made that fight entertaining.

and them other two you decided were great fights, you probably haven't the seen the Pancrase fights.

I'm glad you're done, another clueless fan, Ken in his prime was the best in the world.

Ken didn't make that fight entertaining? Lol
I'm glad you're done, another clueless fan, Ken in his prime was the best in the world.

KEN was the best in the world?!!?! HE LOST THAT FIGHT. I'm clueless?

KEN was the best in the world?!!?! HE LOST THAT FIGHT. I'm clueless?

Are you saying Ken was in his prime in 2002? becuase that's when he fought Frye.

Ken in his prime was 94-96.. where he won the UFC title and defended it, along with the Pancrase title and defended it.

Are you saying Ken was in his prime in 2002? becuase that's when he fought Frye.

Ken in his prime was 94-96.. where he won the UFC title and defended it, along with the Pancrase title and defended it.

Well, I'm not going to pretend I know about the years 94-96 because at the time I was 8-10years old and didn't know about any of this. I started watching a few years later so I can't comment on something I don't know. I know that the Ken Shamrock that fought from 99-present was not entertaining to watch and didn't possess the skill set to compete. Just an observation and there may be older people in here that saw a two year run where he looked good. I apologize. At the same time a two year run as the best in a time where there wasn't that much talent.. I still don't see how it would be special unless he did something long term to improve/excite the sport. Bas is a great example of that. Love his show, like his incite on fighting.

I remember TUF 3 well. It was around that time that i got into the UFC.

Tito (As much as it pains me to say it!) and Ken were instrumental in the UFC's growth.

It is pathetic is Dana lied to Ken about the buyrates and also sad that they can't maintain good relations with ex-legends likes Randy and Ken.

I'm not trying to be biased, but it really shouldn't be that hard to stay cool with these guys. The fact that there are so many "incidents" and "fall outs" makes me think Dana is the person at fault (primarily).

Can't we all just get along?

lol

Tell me more about this mma thing you speak of.

Well, I'm not going to pretend I know about the years 94-96 because at the time I was 8-10years old and didn't know about any of this. I started watching a few years later so I can't comment on something I don't know. I know that the Ken Shamrock that fought from 99-present was not entertaining to watch and didn't possess the skill set to compete. Just an observation and there may be older people in here that saw a two year run where he looked good. I apologize. At the same time a two year run as the best in a time where there wasn't that much talent.. I still don't see how it would be special unless he did something long term to improve/excite the sport. Bas is a great example of that. Love his show, like his incite on fighting.

Then why say this"it's all crazy to see how many people really think he was an amazing fighter"

Lol

in his prime he was, and I disagree that there was no talent, there was loads between the two best organisation at the time, UFC, Pancrase.. Ken, Frank, Funaki, Suzuki, Royce, Bas, Mo Smith, Oleg, Severn, Mezger.

lol

Tell me more about this mma thing you speak of.

From May 17, 1996 - October 10, 2006 Ken Shamrock was 4-8 (all with the UFC) and was talking a lot of shit about a company that he wanted to seek more money out of. Don't talk down to me like you're the man or something. The facts are what they are.

i've been saying for ever that it wasn't forest vs bonner that made zuffa's ufc work, they would have already been out of business well before that. it was shamrock vs ortiz. that is what first made a profit and it was done off of shamrock's name far more than tito, though tito was the perfect guy for the rivalry.

i've also been saying that people claiming tito ducked chuck to fight shamrock, like dana white claims, don't realize it was dana and zuffa who wanted tito to make that fight. they knew that was where the money was.

dana white and zuffa have been trying to change history for some time, but for those of us who remember, they can't change that shit.

Well, you seem to be changing history your self by giving more credit to Shamrock than Tito.

Then why say this"it's all crazy to see how many people really think he was an amazing fighter"

Lol

in his prime he was, and I disagree that there was no talent, there was loads between the two best organisation at the time, UFC, Pancrase.. Ken, Frank, Funaki, Suzuki, Royce, Bas, Mo Smith, Oleg, Severn, Mezger.

Although I wasn't there to experience it which is why I claimed to not know about that time I do know the history of things and I can always go back and research people's records. He lost to Suzuki twice, he fought to a draw and lost to Royce, he never fought Frank, he fought to another draw with Oleg.. I mean where is the greatness? I keep searching for it trying to prove myself wrong but two wins over Bas doesn't do it for me. As for the environment of MMA at the time, I can't speak on that.

Back