Shamrock Claims Kimbo Tapped (video)

Its Tru

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Personally I didn't see a tap and if there was he should have waited for the ref to pull him off or call a stop to the fight. I don't think Royce showed much at the open workout and is depending on his cardio vs shamrock. I think shamrock still has heavy hands if he actually boxes with royce and can get a tko stoppage.
http://entimports.com/2016/02/ken-shamrock-kimbo-tapped-but-referee-didnt-see-it/ for the video

MMA legend and upcoming Bellator 149 headliner Ken Shamrock is gearing up to take on fellow legend and rival Royce Gracie on Feb. 19 but ahead of the historic trilogy fight, Shamrock was a special guest on ‘The Brutally Honest Show,’ hosted by Aaron Tru, Jonathan M. King and Adrian Gallegos.

Shamrock called into the show and of course the topic of his last fight came up. He took on Kimbo Slice and seemed to have the fight wrapped up early when he got Kimbo to the ground and locked in a rear naked choke.

However, Kimbo was somehow able to get out of it and back to his feet, where he then stopped Shamrock with big punches.

When asked how he thought his Jiu-Jitsu would fare against Gracie after he was unable to tap Kimbo, Shamrock explained that it wasn’t that he couldn’t finish the choke on Kimbo, it was that he tapped Kimbo and the referee didn’t see it.

Here’s how he explained it all:

“Well, first of all, it wasn’t that I couldn’t finish the choke,” said Shamrock. “The fight went exactly the way I thought it would, I’d take him down, he’d roll to his belly, I’d throw the hooks in and I’d put the choke on him and he would tap. All of that happened. The only problem was that I decided to be the referee too and when he tapped I eased up on the choke and he was able to get his chin down and the referee didn’t see the tap and obviously the fight kept going.”

“So that’s a little bit of ring rust on my part, not being in there for so long, knowing that I have to finish the fight I can’t look for hand outs. So that won’t happen in this fight. Whatever I have I’m going to make sure that I finish it. I’m not looking for the referee to stop it.”

Check out the full interview with Shamrock and the full episode right HERE!

SoundCloud

iTunes:

Ring Rust for a rear naked?.....That statement SOUNDS delirious...I could teach a complete stranger a rear naked choke, then give them 20 acid tabs, wait 35 years and, they still would not forget how to do it...The fact that Ken never put his one hand behind Kimbo's head to push down, looked odd then and it does now.

He is just trying to sell the fight as legit. That was fixed as fuck even though the tko was real.

Its not that he didint KNOW how to do the choke. Its about how you act in the training. In the training you know when the choke is in and will let it go due respect for your partner. In the fight he behave out of "muscle memory" and let it go before the judge had opportunity to see anything. It`s not that I completely agree with him that this happened but this has happened to me in the competition too. Mentally its different than training. Its not about knowing how to do something. Ringrust is real.

He is just trying to sell the fight as legit. That was fixed as fuck even though the tko was real.
Well said. Also shows how nutty Ken can be to be willing to take such a hard,. flush shot to sell that ending.

Ring Rust for a rear naked?.....That statement SOUNDS delirious...I could teach a complete stranger a rear naked choke, then give them 20 acid tabs, wait 35 years and, they still would not forget how to do it...The fact that Ken never put his one hand behind Kimbo's head to push down, looked odd then and it does now.
but when has Ken Ever done a RNC like that?

good lord ken...why can't he just have a legit fight for once.

Back