Media Shakur Stevenson vs Conceicao Sept.23rd ESPN

yeah that video has been around forever and no one ever talks about it. dude is a pile of shit human being but he can fight for sure

I'm pretty sure I've seen it but it's been a while and i forgot about it until now. His guy was punching two women. Class all around, lol.

Does the performance so far change your thoughts on Stevenson at 135?
Not really. Robson is a good fighter. I had him winning vs Valdez who failed a drug test (people seem to forget about that).

A ton of holes in Shakur’s game still imo… ESPN will say he is top 10 whatever … good fighter but a lot of improvements to make
I think this is one of those recency biases. I think Shakur is a very good talent. I think he chose to stand in front of Robson and trade when he could have moved more but then this conversation would have changed from "holes in his game" to him being boring or a "runner".

Can’t even KO a dude who isn’t even looking. Haha

i've been a stevenson fan since he was like 3-0, but i'm getting more annoyed with him every time he steps in the ring.

missing weight, pulling stupid faces every time he lands or gets landed on, low blows, hip tosses... for fuck's sake. just box the guy up and stop fucking around. he's a supreme talent and a top p4p fighter, but he behaves like a dumb teenager. i find myself rooting against him when he's in with a guy i don't even like.

i hope he gets a reality check at 135, but i have a feeling he's gonna be fed a steady stream of guys who have no business being in the ring with him.

and i swear to god if tessitore talks about stevenson's "man strength" one more time... fucking weirdo.

Here's the video of him punching a defenseless guy. Tell me what more there is that justifies this?

Plenty of things. Depends what the guy said or did prior. I dont need to look up to a young kid as a father figure or role model. Young dudes get into fights all the time. If I dont know the full back story I domt really comment on another dudes business.

Plenty of things. Depends what the guy said or did prior. I dont need to look up to a young kid as a father figure or role model. Young dudes get into fights all the time. If I dont know the full back story I domt really comment on another dudes business.
1) Shakur and his friend were harassing women
2) Guy stepped in to tell them to stop, since the girls were visibly uncomfortable
3) violence ensued, Shakur was guilty, he never mentioned something like the fabled N word which is always the OK for a black guy to assault people.
4) he is/was an Olympic medalist, meaning he has some discipline and was in his early 20s. He was not an undisciplined 16 year old.

All of the evidence - this went to court, it’s not just a video, suggests that on that day he was human garbage.

1) Shakur and his friend were harassing women
2) Guy stepped in to tell them to stop, since the girls were visibly uncomfortable
3) violence ensued, Shakur was guilty, he never mentioned something like the fabled N word which is always the OK for a black guy to assault people.
4) he is/was an Olympic medalist, meaning he has some discipline and was in his early 20s. He was not an undisciplined 16 year old.

All of the evidence - this went to court, it’s not just a video, suggests that on that day he was human garbage.

yeah there is no fuckin excuse. Especially as there were a couple of girls taking a beating as well. Absolute scumbags. He’s a good fighter but I’ll always root for his opponent

Yeah, so anyway other than talking about his previous mistakes and pisspoor judgement in the past, and focusing on fact he just stood in a ring and tested his limits again for my amusement, I liked what I saw, but that doesn’t necessarily say much about how 135 will go. Don’t like he couldn’t get the Brazilian out of there, he had proved his superiority early on, he seemed too many rounds in the bank by the 8th to not go for the finish. That’s my one criticism other than missing weight.

I remember when his grandfather (willie Moses) was the boxing coach at my gym and would get so butthurt when anyone mentioned mma sparring against shakur. He eventually left the gym. A very arrogant bunch.

Back