Shady Ad - Flash player not supported

ceestand

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Around 2015-01-15 16:38 EST, I got a modal pop up about "Flash player not supported" or something like that with a bunch of gobledey**** to make it look official including a file path starting with "C:\windows..." umm, yeah, I'm on a Mac, no such directory.

It launched the stock browser modal window in JS and I couldn't close it. Rather than lose all my other open tabs, I clicked "OK" and it took me from Sherdog to another page (same tab, suck it Sherdog they said). I didn't leave the tab open long enough to see where it was taking me.

I understand a platinum membership is seemingly the answer, but I can't imagine that behavior doesn't violate some agreement Sherdog has with the ad networks.

Around 2015-01-15 16:38 EST, I got a modal pop up about "Flash player not supported" or something like that with a bunch of gobledey**** to make it look official including a file path starting with "C:\windows..." umm, yeah, I'm on a Mac, no such directory.

It launched the stock browser modal window in JS and I couldn't close it. Rather than lose all my other open tabs, I clicked "OK" and it took me from Sherdog to another page (same tab, suck it Sherdog they said). I didn't leave the tab open long enough to see where it was taking me.

I understand a platinum membership is seemingly the answer, but I can't imagine that behavior doesn't violate some agreement Sherdog has with the ad networks.

That's most likely an adware virus, not from here.

You're going to have to try and remove it. There are a number of ways to do it. Try this site or another. Just google it for other possible solutions for removal.

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/flash-player-update-removal/

That's most likely an adware virus, not from here.

Not sure man, I had sherdog open exlusively in my browser last night when I left, came back and I had the same issue TS had. Found a way to fix it through my settings

Not sure man, I had sherdog open exlusively in my browser last night when I left, came back and I had the same issue TS had. Found a way to fix it through my settings

well, I could be wrong of course but that particular virus is rather prevalent as of late.

If it isn't then it's an easy fix.

Didn't want to start a thread, but is there anyway I can get a custom belt since I'm a few months away from having one anyway.

Didn't want to start a thread, but is there anyway I can get a custom belt since I'm a few months away from having one anyway.

You're a bit more than a few months.

This is a few months

This is you

Back