Sh** on my squat. Please.

Work on your flexibility & squat all the way down. Be it low bar or high bar. At least part of the reason you're experiencing knee pain is that your quads are stopping the squat putting extra stress on the front of your knee, instead of hitting bottom where there is equal tension on the knee from your quads and your fully stretched hamstrings.

This is not entirely correct.

A person with limited flexibility might not be able to squat very deep. He might not even be able to reach parallel. As long as he uses the full range of motion that his limited flexibility allows, and as long as he maintains proper form in that ROM, then there will be increased tension from the fully stretched hamstrings to counteract the anterior shear even if he doesn't go deep.

This is not entirely correct.

A person with limited flexibility might not be able to squat very deep. He might not even be able to reach parallel. As long as he uses the full range of motion that his limited flexibility allows, and as long as he maintains proper form in that ROM, then there will be increased tension from the fully stretched hamstrings to counteract the anterior shear even if he doesn't go deep.

Fair point, and I wasn't very specific in my statement. However in this case, because he basically said he is stopping himself from going deeper, I think my previous post has some merit.

Back