SF86(2010)

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by the ambush, Aug 13, 2016.

1. the ambush

the ambush Red Belt

So I am applying for a position requiring a TSC and I need to complete a SF86(2010). Is there any way to attain all my previous SF86 SC data from e-QIP? I have not run across anything on the OPM website stating the government will send out previous data to applicant. The problem I'm running into is I no longer have my old SF86 print-out from 2012.

https://careers.state.gov/uploads/c...375b8677198d502/EQIP_instructions_Aug2013.pdf

Wrong forum. Sorry.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  2. Pliny Pete

Pliny Pete Puts Butts In Seats

Thought this was gonna be a movie about San Francisco in 1986 that came out in 2010

Luger, MoparOrNoCar and blopdak like this.
  3. El_Dyablo619

El_Dyablo619 Head of C.I.A.

If you have an active clearance you should still fill out the form in a new job.. its a formality thing.

4. MC3521

MC3521 Brown Belt

I hate doing those stupid forms. My company just emails us a copy of our old form and we can just copy. I would talk to whomever is sponsoring your clearance. OPM certainly has copies somewhere so they can compare your answers.

I would just fill it out all over again to be honest. Probably less work than to track the old one down. Save onto an Ironkey or something for next time in five years.

5. the ambush

the ambush Red Belt

El Dyablo, my concern is if information I put on the new SF(2010) does not match the investigator will not be able to enter the data into e-QIB. I know when I completed the original forms in 2012 since the data was all entered electronically and approved I made the mistake of what most others do and I shredded the PII. I am being told the new data must match almost verbatim. Thank you for the post.

MC, I will try to reach out to OPM and contact them, however, I am not sure if they would send out such data. I know this happens to other people, they accidently shred old files. It is not a problem filling out the new forms I just want to ensure the data is nearly verbatim to make it easier when the investigator enters e-QIB information. I am being told if the data is not identical the whole application is flagged. Thank you for the post.

6. jefferz

jefferz Gold Belt Platinum Member

Don't forget to carry the 2

Pliny Pete likes this.
  7. El_Dyablo619

El_Dyablo619 Head of C.I.A.

Try reaching out to OPM if you have a concern. In most cases (That I have seen anyways) it doesn't matter if its "verbatim" or not. What is a concern is if you OMIT something, or F up dates "ie born 1965 vs 1967" THEN you get flagged.

If you want pm and Ill try helping you out