sex of an author

2O9ESE

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone take the sex of an author into consideration before reading a book?

I take a lot of things into consideration before choosing an author. It needs to be a guy, posses at least a 7 incher, and be able to lift his own bodyweight. Anything less isnt worth a read.

Always. I believe the only female I read is Jane Austen.

Not a conscious decision, but looking at my bookshelf, not one is written by a woman.

No, I don't care. I just want to read a good book.

But 99% of the books I read is written by men.

I don't take it into consideration, but most of the books I read are written by men.

The same goes for music. Nearly all of the music I listen to has a male singer.

It's just easier to relate to I suppose.

Some of my favorite books were authored by women but I tend to prefer male authors.

The writing style is a bit different I've noticed, although this is a generalization and not universally true at all.

Never gave the sex of an author a thought before. But its not like I unconsciously do. It's just that I read manly books :icon_lol:.

Of course. I've never read a book written by a broad and I probably never will. Silly dames thinking they can write books... pfft.

This thread is hilarious, but true. I won't read anything by female authors either, not that I haven't tried.

women writing? when did they learn to read?

I don't take it into consideration, but most of the books I read are written by men.

The same goes for music. Nearly all of the music I listen to has a male singer.

It's just easier to relate to I suppose.

For me, it's not comparable. There are times I'd much rather listen to the soft voice of a woman.

I read Sylvia Plath's novel and it was ok at the time but the Bronte's and Ayn Rand can go fuck themselves. They should stick to poorly written articles about relationship issues and losing baby weight.

Not really. That said, most of the books I read are written by men. Possibly more down to the genres I read than anything though.

Back