Elections ***Seventh Democratic Debate play-by-play Thread***

Bernie: let me tell you something else here

Repeats same topic with a softball answer, doesn't answer the actual good question of how do you withdraw all US troops without something like isis popping up

International coalition, we had one of those after 2001 for the middle east fuckery that began

Bernie goes full warhawk.

Biden with his usual decent start. It will be interesting to see how he does with more mic time.

Those Steyer teeth...

OGC.32e23f15ce096ba4ad5e291538b8d4ff
His tartan tie is almost as bad though.

Biden with his usual decent start. It will be interesting to see how he does with more mic time.

He's like an NFL coach that's good for two opening drives when it's mostly scripted, but then can't react to the changing game

Eesh. Dems sounding very hawkish. All so far full repeat of Obama's drone/patrol stuff going on a repeat tour

Bernie: let me tell you something else here

Repeats same topic with a softball answer, doesn't answer the actual good question of how do you withdraw all US troops without something like isis popping up

International coalition, we had one of those after 2001 for the middle east fuckery that began

In fairness, the answer of you don't. You can't defeat an idea. Maybe if we go through the whole alphabet of terror orgs people will learn this in 2050, or we can learn it now. Doesn't seem to poll very well.

I don’t disagree that those are some of the cons, but there are also benefits to consider. I think it’s pretty hard to predict the effects (another con, imo), but there’s something to be said for limiting the advantage of incumbency and ensuring fresh ideas, etc. Especially in the Senate, where state power is horribly imbalanced. You can mitigate the experience issue with longer limits.

That said, I think an age limit is a decent compromise. But this is still a limit, and justifies the idea of limiting the length of service in some way.
See, I think fresh ideas is good in theory but bad in practice. Of everyone on stage now who has the “fresh ideas”? I’d argue it’s Bernie and Warren, the two geisers!

Another downside of term limits is these people need time to build coalitions and support to get shit done. We don’t want them wasting time getting that part done but want them focused on business.

This lady has severe TDS.

Amy's voice sounds super shaken tonight.

Hey Wolf why didn't you ask Sanders to clarify his position?

Here is where Mayor Pete goes off the rails, claims he killed Bin Laden with a Swiss Army knife when he was in an office tent.

Hey Wolf why didn't you ask Sanders to clarify his position?

Bernie loves the "I'll answer that, but first let me go off on a separate tangent" then he forgets the original question

Damnit Buttigieg. Appeal at emotions with an anecdotal story instead of actually answering the question

I thought Kamala Harris dropped out?

Damnit Buttigieg. Appeal at emotions with an anecdotal story instead of actually answering the question

I thought Kamala Harris dropped out?

He is much more tactful about it though.

Pete has so much make up his kind of looks like a doll.

Also feel like none of these answers are impressive.

Back