Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Elections ***Seventh Democratic Debate play-by-play Thread***

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Fawlty, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Fawlty Memesy were the borogroves Platinum Member

Seventh Democratic Primary Debate

The seventh Democratic Primary Debate will feature 6 candidates: Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Pete Buttigieg, Tom Steyer, and Amy Klobuchar.

The two-hour debate, which is being co-hosted by CNN and The Des Moines Register, is scheduled to begin at 9 p.m. ET at Drake University in Des Moines. The event has three moderators — CNN's Wolf Blitzer and Abby Phillip, and the Register's Brianne Pfannenstiel.

January 14, 2019
    Time:
    9-11 p.m. ET (6 p.m. PT)

How to Watch
    : Livestreaming on: cnn.com, desmoinesregister.com

Format: There will be no opening statements, but candidates will be able to make closing statements. Candidates will have 75 seconds second to answer questions, 45 seconds for rebuttals and 15 seconds for clarifications.

Qualifications: To qualify for the January debate, candidates had to raise money from 225,000 unique donors and hit at least 5 percent in four different national polls or 7 percent in two polls from early voting states.

2. Fawlty Memesy were the borogroves Platinum Member

Not sure if I'll make this one, but it should be pretty fiery after the dust-up between Sanders and Warren, and with Buttigieg getting a little desperate and Steyer begging for attention. Klobuchar is just kind of there. The only main player seemingly not under pressure is Biden.

3. AlexDB9 Banned Banned

Wait I wasted my dems so white joke already thinking that was thread...damn

oh well

#demssowhite
    #bringbackspartacus
    #ismokedwithtupacbeforehisfirstalbum

4. MVelsor ~ Work of the Gods ~ Banned

Heroic If True.

5. Fawlty Memesy were the borogroves Platinum Member

Less heroic and more bespectacled candle-fire pondering. Buttigieg would be my guy but he's not the best choice for top leadership. He needed to be out front and less calculating to convince me he's totally ready for the most important executive role in da erf. Warren has nearly excused herself, and Biden has some mental problems and a rough history of being on the wrong side of almost everything, at least until he was in his 70s.

6. Happy Man Banned Banned

Well, you sure made to get this thread in early this go around :D

7. Amerikuracana Plutonium Belt

Who will apologize for being white first?

8. MVelsor ~ Work of the Gods ~ Banned

I'm glad for it, but being facetious in that I'm not really that surprised. I don't recall you, JVS, @Gandhi or @kpt018 even endorsing Biden as your #1 at any point of the process, and I've defended you guys from the purity test leftists in at least a couple of threads a while back. That's a daily war I'd rather not get involved in though. <45>

9. Kitafuji Brown Belt

This line up looks like a KKK rally. Bunch of white people telling Black and Brown people how they should think.

10. Jack V Savage Secretary of Keepin' It Real/Nicest Guy on Sherdog Platinum Member

Not really surprising. I've had that view since the 2020 primary season began. Would have had a different view in 2016, though if Biden had actually campaigned then, he might have lost me. Among the top four, Bernie is probably second for me (behind Buttigieg). I'd take Klobuchar first at this point, probably, but she's looking dead.

11. VivaRevolution Banned Banned

One day, people will look back and say, "I marched with Bernie."

12. Sycho Sid Master of the world and the universe

And still be pissed he lost to Clinton and Biden

13. BarryDillon Banned Banned

[​IMG]

14. Aldo4Ever waiguoren Banned

Biden will be targeted tonight. Mark my words.

15. BarryDillon Banned Banned

16. Fawlty Memesy were the borogroves Platinum Member

It would be smart for Sanders to target him and shrug off Warren, but I can't see how it's in Warren's best interest to attack Biden. Buttigieg and Steyer should always be going after him. Klobuchar has had no discernible valid strategy.

17. Trotsky Banned Banned

Warren's whole ace up the sleeve was supposed to be her history with Biden: that she can point to his putrid record on consumer finance, his sponsorship of the bankruptcy bill, and how his condescending handling of her as a bankruptcy expert pushed her into politics.

She's most likely dead in the water, but that was always supposed to be her ticket.

18. Fawlty Memesy were the borogroves Platinum Member

In a 1v1 that would make sense, but she would have had to have gotten into second place and put Bernie where she is right now. Biden voters and Warren voters don't cross over as much as Warren and Sanders voters, and those are what she needs. Bernie has a good silver medal hedge in that his second choice voters are split between Biden and Warren, so he is in a really good position to siphon from her and lose to Biden with some honor.

19. Sketch (҂`_´) <,︻╦╤─ ҉ - - -USK

Can't wait. Got some beer ready to go along with it. Will be nice to see how Pocahontas deals with her allegations against Bernie. This is going to be a good one.

20. Nameless Ghoul Black Belt

That's definitely the narrative today, the talking heads are crying about all of the "white people" that will be on stage tonight.