Seung Woo Choi is for Real

2 Choi's, KZ, Mr Perfect

Too bad all in the same division
That's a sick crew

“I started MMA in hopes of fighting in the UFC one day,” the South Korean explains via interpreter. “When I was still fighting in Muay Thai, me and my family would often sit down to watch the UFC and slowly it made me want to transition to MMA and give it a shot. So I retired from Muay Thai, went to serve my mandatory Korean military requirements, and as soon as it ended, I went straight to find an MMA academy nearby to start my dream of making it to the UFC one day.”

the guy is 28 and has served his military duty already He got it out of the way early on Good news indeed

Not really. Once he faces a talented striker he's going down.

Who knew that beating Julian Erosa would validate a fighter’s legitimacy.

Who knew that beating Julian Erosa would validate a fighter’s legitimacy.
Oh so you think people normally walk right through Julian Erosa?

Choi didn't just beat Erosa he outclassed him Choi beats Erosa 9/10 times

he's ready for higher food chain material

any top 5 er would throw some caution towards SWC He'd be stupid not to

Was outstruck and subbed by Gavin Tucker. He's going nowhere fast and will probably lose the next time they give him someone who can actually strike.

Tucker is no joke at all and Choi recently beat Zalal, who is pretty good and can strike.

Impressive to see a featherweight drop someone hard like that with a left hook. Good on him for learning English too.

I'd be interested in watching him blow Nate Landwehr out of the water next.

Though I know that it doesn't really make sense as erosa was coming off a win against the train

Was outstruck and subbed by Gavin Tucker. He's going nowhere fast and will probably lose the next time they give him someone who can actually strike.

There's no shame in the Tucker loss. Aside from Tuckers durability his skill is very high.

SWC looks like he could be someone of note. Only time will tell.

IDK man, I liked the matchup and the betting price (-150) he was getting against Erosa but it was against Erosa who is a C grade fighter who people thought was a B grade fighter after a single good fight in the UFC prior to the Choi matchup. Seung Woo Choi won't be a superstar but he will be able to beat most outside the top 10 in his division.

Back