Setting the Record Straight on a few things.... READ IT!

1. No the first UFC's were not fake and some big set up for gracie jiu jitsu, gracies were skilled ground practitioners with good submission abilitys and their opponents wernt really and thats why they dominated so easily.

2. Yes the gayest fight stop ever is probably Vitor vs Tank, while it wasnt as bad as some other stops we all know we wanted to see that fight go on more so then any other matchs. I mean com'on most people are 10 times more fucked up when a fight gets stopped then the tank was after catchin those cracks from vitor, he didnt even have a scratch on him and while vitor probably would have been to fast it looked like tank was just getting into the fight.

3.Definitly one of the top 5 shittiest decisions on a fight would have to be tank vs ferrozo (sp?) I mean yea ferrozo got in his fare share of shots but who was bloodied up and had to go to the hospital after? Ferrozo. While tank may have been worn out towards the end and ferrozo may have had more punchs and strikes Tanks were just better set up with better force and impact.

4. Yes no one can beat the legendary Joe Son besides fred ettish maybe :D

5.NO, steve nelmark was not seriously injured after he got knocked out so stop asking if he broke his neck or some crap

com'on children play nice now, this is a thread about shit in MMA not post numbers n shit :D

1-3 = agreed

4. In the first Newton/Hughes fight, BOTH fighters were KOed at the same time. Should have been a no contest or something.

- In a real fight if they'd have both ko'ed each other, the first fighter to his feet would have beaten the other guy to a pulp (as Newton was still seeing stars). Therefore I think the decision was valid.

5 = agreed

6. Take it for what its worth, ROYCE GRACIE made this sport what it is today. He made MMA/NHB.

6- so did ken shamrock inadvertently. If Royce hadn't of beaten Ken in UFC I no one would have respected royce for beating a load of bums. Ken also glamourised the UFC.

7. Tito/Belfort will NEVER happen.

- never say never. Ken and Tito happened.

8-9. - agreed

10. Karate and TKD will do no good in a street fight.

= No. Some good. Better than only knowing how to fight using a keyboard.

11. ?

12-15 Agreed.

16. Sapp will beat Mino in the upcoming Pride event.... (Ok maybe im on crack)

No he won't.

17-20 - No comment

WTF is CHODE?

Thanks for clearing those issues up for me, it must be great to be all-knowing and omnipotent.

I must say I agree with all those.. Great post.

Wanna be my KK Shooto?

I agree with everything except for the most boring fight....granted that one is bad but I find that the most boring fight ever was Shamrock vs Severn at UFC 9...that fight puts me to sleep everytime.

#2- You have to BEAT the champion to take his title. Couture won the first round, then took that huge kick to the guts in the second. I remember jumping up and down in my living room yelling at Rizzo to finish the fight, but he stood there. He did nothing. Couture then won the last round. I don't think Rizzo did enough to win the fight. And almost everyone I talked to called how the second fight would go.

and no more fuckin "where is the old vitor" threads either, or "how would bruce lee do in mma" threads, i fockin hate them

Can we "WWE guys would do well in MMA" threads to the please no more list?

Sak definitley tapped when he fought Rickson in the best event ever, the UFC. I remember it because I had just kicked someone's ass on the street that day using a flying scissor kick, having practiced it daily on Fido.

Back