Seth Rogen:

Sure Hollywood sell propaganda and slants the truth to fit the writers and directors view I'm sure there is some of that in this film and others like Selma.

Every single film has a perspective, of course.

But the propaganda for movies like American Sniper benefit state power and state violence. Actually, the literally worst kind of state violence since the US is by far the world's most powerful military force.

The bias in Selma benefits... uh, black people? Does anyone aside from ardent white nationalists really have a problem with the Civil Rights movement?

Pretty telling that you equate the two, however. American military aggression and American civil rights. Same shit, huh?

Funny how people who haven't even seen the movie are describing how it's supposedly propaganda.

That's absurd. You're just talking out of your ass about a culture you apparently know nothing about. War movies are criticized all the time, and every war movie that is perceived to be pro-war or to glorify war (whether or not that is accurate) receives a healthy dose of criticism for precisely that reason.

So.. Then why is Rogan receiving a ton of flack? War movies are criticized all the time, and those who criticize them usually get a ton of flack. So no.. Not absurd.

Any criticism of just about anything military related (especially soldiers themselves) in this country will receive a ton of flack, and acting like thats not true is absurd.

Maybe is just just referring to the high body count. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, it was a silly comparison rather than calling a conservative leaning movie a nazi film as the ts obviously thinks.

And all the "fuck Seth Rogen" and "Seth is an idiot" posters just got ruined.

How does it feel? Salty much?

Yeah people jumped on the guy and presumed his intentions were way beyond his words. I don't particularly like him or his films but the idea that he was suggesting it was propaganda was just an excuse for people to rant.

i think the film is actually the opposite of propoganda in that it is getting positive reviews for attempting to convey a little honesty about war. hawks will leave it and buy some more ARs and doves will leave it as confirmations of their opinions about the true cost of war.

It's funny to me because while conservatives are out to defend Chris Kyle and his 160 kills, they are really showing how bad the Bush/Cheney handling of the war was. We would be greeted like liberators, mission accomplished and all the faults of the administrations mishandlings are exemplified in how many kills this man had to commit.

Every single film has a perspective, of course.

But the propaganda for movies like American Sniper benefit state power and state violence. Actually, the literally worst kind of state violence since the US is by far the world's most powerful military force.

The bias in Selma benefits... uh, black people? Does anyone aside from ardent white nationalists really have a problem with the Civil Rights movement?

Pretty telling that you equate the two, however. American military aggression and American civil rights. Same shit, huh?

I was comparing the two movies and how they are based on true stories but maybe not all the facts may not be facts.

In Selma they make LBJ look bad, like he didn't support MLK when he in fact did, why was that.

It's amazing how few people divine this. This has been the great thematic undercurrent of all his films going back to at least Unforgiven.

Except he shows up at Republican conventions and is a grumpy Republican old f*rt.
Nice effort at overanalysis, Albert.

Chris Kyle sacrificed himself for his country and eventually for his fellow servicemen, literally.

Seth Rogan got shut down by North Korea.

Game. Set. Match.

That being said -- I didn't think it was that bad. Moore's were 100x worse.

Says the guy who was just in an actual propaganda film.

Come on, son. It might be just through this film that U.S. citizens have learned that U.S. bombed North Korea fervently for no reason at all other than to prevent spread of communism. Just one of many-many countries that "hate us for our freedom".

They hate us cause they're anus.

Chris Kyle sacrificed himself for his country and eventually for his fellow servicemen, literally.

Seth Rogan got shut down by North Korea.

Game. Set. Match.

It's this kind of propaganda talking that rustles jimmies. "Sacrificed himself for his country"......

More like sacrificed himself for Halliburton, politicians, and military industrial sector. Hoorahhh, dumb*ss.

I just wonder how many of you have actually seen the movie who are calling it propaganda.

The movie to me was more about PTSD than any pro Merica war bullshit. The original B Sniper movie was a better sniper movie than this.

This movie glorifies mindless following of orders. Thing that government likes. Governments like obedient dead or alive soldiers.

Back