Social Seth Rich CT Tard Time

Last edited:
The irony of accusing people of believing shady sources promoting a CT, and then taking Yahoo News' great investigative journalism as gospel...

I don't know, I think we should wait to see what 4chan trolls think.

Do you honestly believe there's much of a difference?

And no, I'm not lending credibility to the CT, but it is a little ironic that all the same people making fun of right wingers for where they get their information, are taking a Yahoo News investigation seriously.

The irony of accusing people of believing shady sources promoting a CT, and then taking Yahoo News' great investigative journalism as gospel...

Do you honestly believe there's much of a difference?

And no, I'm not lending credibility to the CT, but it is a little ironic that all the same people making fun of right wingers for where they get their information, are taking a Yahoo News investigation seriously.

Your false equivocation of fake news to hard news is laughably inept.

This Yahoo News investigation was done by Michael Isikoff, a New York Times best-selling author, a long-established investigative journalist who has worked for NBC, Newsweek, and the Washington Post, and a graduate of one of the best (if not the best) journalism schools in the country. His two best-selling books were investigations into the Clinton administration during the Lewinsky scandal and the Bush administration during the Iraq War.

But, yes, people should not believe it because Yahoo....what?

Shameless as always.

The same Yahoo that says "man gives birth to baby" so trusth worthy

To give some some pause, the investigative journalist for this Russia planted the Rich CT is the same Michael Isikoff who originally published the story on the Steele Dossier. Not the most accurate nor non partisan journalist out there by a long shot

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...over-steele-dossier-which-was-thirdhand-stuff

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/12/18/steele-dossier-michael-isikoff/2347833002/

What's the angle here? He interviewed Steele so he's not accurate or non-partisan?

What's the angle here? He interviewed Steele so he's not accurate or non-partisan?

Yeah. Isikoff sought out Steele because ""Steele was clearly onto something" in his own words. Now here he is again on another partisan driven dig by him, when his last hunt found someone fabricating anti Trump information.

It doesn't completely negate this claim that the Seth Richard's CT was a deliberate Russian fake story rather than on of the other hundreds of CTs that come out more naturally from the dregs of the internet. But it should give pause to see who else can corrobate the proof before taking this claim as fact.

Yeah. Isikoff sought out Steele because ""Steele was clearly onto something" in his own words. Now here he is again on another partisan driven dig by him, when his last hunt found someone fabricating anti Trump information.

I'm still not seeing the issue. Steele did collect a lot of true and important information. A good, non-partisan journalist would have wanted to talk to him. Steele isn't known or suspected to have fabricated anything (and if he were, he would have been ripping off the people who paid him to find information).

Also, it's not a "partisan dig" to discover that the Seth Rich CT was started by Russia.

It doesn't completely negate this claim that the Seth Richard's CT was a deliberate Russian fake story rather than on of the other hundreds of CTs that come out more naturally from the dregs of the internet. But it should give pause to see who else can corrobate the proof before taking this claim as fact.

Isikoff is a top-rank journalist, but, sure, corroboration is always good. Note that even before the story broke, we did see Russian intelligence circulating the obviously ridiculous CT.

Last edited:
That election cycle just showed the range of absurdity that people would accept without thought so long as it aligned with their partisan bias.

With the deep fakes coming down the pipeline, I only expect it to get worse.

100%.

Yet in a graphic example of how fake news infects the internet, those precise details popped up the same day on an obscure website, whatdoesitmean.com, that is a frequent vehicle for Russian propaganda. The website’s article, which attributed its claims to “Russian intelligence,” was the first known instance of Rich’s murder being publicly linked to a political conspiracy.

This is the basis for Yahoo’s reporting. You seriously think some “obscure website” (per Yahoo’s description) is responsible for the popular suspicion around Seth Rich’s death?

Are posters who regularly link to tabloid sites really questioning a source right now?

The world is upside down.

This is the basis for Yahoo’s reporting. You seriously think some “obscure website” (per Yahoo’s description) is responsible for the popular suspicion around Seth Rich’s death?

Responding to a dishonest troll here, but in case anyone doesn't know that:

Russia’s foreign intelligence service, known as the SVR, first circulated a phony “bulletin” — disguised to read as a real intelligence report —about the alleged murder of the former DNC staffer on July 13, 2016, according to the U.S. federal prosecutor who was in charge of the Rich case.

The purported details in the SVR account seemed improbable on their face: that Rich, a data director in the DNC’s voter protection division, was on his way to alert the FBI to corrupt dealings by Clinton when he was slain in the early hours of a Sunday morning by the former secretary of state’s hit squad.

Yet in a graphic example of how fake news infects the internet, those precise details popped up the same day on an obscure website, whatdoesitmean.com, that is a frequent vehicle for Russian propaganda. The website’s article, which attributed its claims to “Russian intelligence,” was the first known instance of Rich’s murder being publicly linked to a political conspiracy.

The Russian effort to exploit Rich’s tragic death didn’t stop with the fake SVR bulletin. Over the course of the next two and a half years, the Russian government-owned media organizations RT and Sputnik repeatedly played up stories that baselessly alleged that Rich, a relatively junior-level staffer, was the source of Democratic Party emails that had been leaked to WikiLeaks. It was an idea first floated by WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, who on Aug. 9, 2016, announced a $20,000 reward for information about Rich’s murder, saying — somewhat cryptically — that “our sources take risks.”

At the same time, online trolls working in St. Petersburg, Russia, for the Internet Research Agency (IRA) — the same shadowy outfit that conducted the Russian social media operation during the 2016 election — aggressively boosted the conspiracy theories. IRA-created fake accounts, masquerading as those of American citizens or political groups, tweeted and retweeted more than 2,000 times about Rich, helping to keep the bogus claims about his death in the social media bloodstream, according to an analysis of a database of Russia troll accounts by Yahoo News.

In her efforts to better understand where the conspiracy theories were coming from, Sines used her security clearance to access copies of two SVR intelligence reports about Seth Rich that had been intercepted by U.S. intelligence officials. She later wrote a memo documenting the Russian role in fomenting the conspiracy theories that she sent to the Justice Department’s national security division, and personally briefed special counsel Robert Mueller’s prosecutors on her findings.

So the sources we can see are the assistant U.S. attorney in charge of the case, the fake SVR bulletin, an analysis of a database of Russian troll accounts, and information that was publicly available already.

Are posters who regularly link to tabloid sites really questioning a source right now?

The world is upside down.

Yahoo's search engine is second rate and apparently some people (whoever @HockeyBjj got his info from) are trying to smear Isikoff as a partisan with no basis, which is something that happens whenever anyone, regardless of their political leaning or lack of political leaning, gets when they find out information that Republican propagandists would not like the public to know.

Where's all those Seth Rich CTers at? Lmao!

<{Heymansnicker}>
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...ews-seth-rich-conspiracy-russians-cpt-vpx.cnn

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1027826

"A conspiracy theory about a murdered Democratic National Committee staffer that was repeatedly brought up on Fox News and by allies of President Donald Trump was planted and promoted by Russian intelligence, according to an investigation by Yahoo News."

Looks like Russia got us again! :confused:

So how many people still think he was the leaker?
@Cubo de Sangre

I'm still not seeing the issue. Steele did collect a lot of true and important information. A good, non-partisan journalist would have wanted to talk to him. Steele isn't known or suspected to have fabricated anything

You really think the Steele Dossier was a fully truthful thing?
Yahoo's search engine is second rate and apparently some people (whoever @HockeyBjj got his info from) are trying to smear Isikoff as a partisan with no basis, which is something that happens whenever anyone, regardless of their political leaning or lack of political leaning, gets when they find out information that Republican propagandists would not like the public to know.

With no basis? The guy who went to share the Trump piss tape story with the world doesn't sound like he might be partisan to you?

I'm sorry you're so locked into your tribalist views you're willing to accept anything so long at it enforces your pre existing opinions, and that this story here is a bad look for Trump so you'll latch onto it.

And what do you mean whatever people I got my info from? Isikoff's name rang a bell to me and I didn't know from where. So I Googled it and found he was the Steele Dossier reporter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back