Seth MacFarlane's THE ORVILLE (Season 3 Coming to Hulu)

This show is somewhere between moderately entertaining and fucking awful. I just can't quite pinpoint how I feel about it.

Happy to see its getting renewed.

I watched the first two episodes and was impressed, but stopped watching because I reminded myself its a big-budget live-action comedy on Fox, so it'll probably get cancelled.

Surprised they glossed over the fact that what Darulio (Rob Lowe) did could be considered rape.

orv-lowe-640x359.jpg

So would I.

I'm not blown away by The Orville, but it's really entertaining.

Yeah, it's comfort food TV. It's nothing I can't not miss, but it hooks you when it's on. Nice little story each week, with a charming cast of characters.

now we know that doc is one of those bat shit insane women in a relationship.

still would

Anyone still watch this?

The season finale just ended. Pretty good episode. Macfarlane has some pretty interesting concepts. Like the 2D world last episode was really cool and a neat idea ("He is a neat guy"). Now, a planet that revolves between two universes. Its not what you think a Macfarlane show would be about, but it has surprising drama and adventure.

I enjoyed this ep, the 2D ep, the one where the forehead chick is in the simulation, and the "like/unlike" ep. Bortus is probably the best character, very funny and dry. Glad I kept up with this show and gave it a chance. Will watch Season 2

Anyone still watch this?

The season finale just ended. Pretty good episode. Macfarlane has some pretty interesting concepts. Like the 2D world last episode was really cool and a neat idea ("He is a neat guy"). Now, a planet that revolves between two universes. Its not what you think a Macfarlane show would be about, but it has surprising drama and adventure.

I enjoyed this ep, the 2D ep, the one where the forehead chick is in the simulation, and the "like/unlike" ep. Bortus is probably the best character, very funny and dry. Glad I kept up with this show and gave it a chance. Will watch Season 2
yup I like it

Saw an episode, maybe saw the wrong one but it feels like Seth takes it too serious, not enough comedy, more like a straight ripoff or fan made star trek show, which it basically is

Gimmicky, retarded and redundant

Season finale was like a normal standalone episode. I like the comparison between what happened with Kelly and the space Jesus theory on our Earth. When Kelly revealed that she wasn't a god, I would have preferred that she taught them compassion, kindness and justice instead.

Isaac spent 700 years on that planet but his personality and demeanor remained the same. I would have thought that he would have evolved also. He should probably know now all about human behavior, emotions and whatnot but I'll bet they'll just ignore this and they'll just show his growth onward in the ship.

Glad The Orville got renewed. This is a really entertaining throwback sci-fi show that is a nice reprieve from the dark, gritty, sci-fi series currently.

Solid first season. It went from kindy gimicky in the first episode, to really hitting there stride and adopting the TNG style pacing and episodes.

This show is a great example of what happens when fans like, and support a show. This show was crucified by critics early on, but received rave reviews from people who actually watched it. It is also the first network sci fi space ship show, to get a second season in decades.

The Charlize Theron episode should have been the season finale, but I enjoyed the season. Even though I did bail for a few weeks in the beginning, it eventually started to grow on me.

Watched 2 episodes and it's too much of a star trek parody. Insanely accurate, but like star trek, it draaaaags on for an hour. I don't have the patience.

so i never liked star trek and i dont care for seth mcfarlane, so i never saw anything but the commercials. this is not an actual star trek spinoff i take it? not sure there are many shows i have been less interested in seeing

Back