"Serra was a lightweight"

I think Serra is underrated on here. Gsp doesn't suck because he lost to him. Dude is a nugget with heavy hands and is a good grappler.
Everyone respects BJ's grappling, and I've seen Serra described a a poor man's Penn, or something like that, but if you watch GSP/Penn 2 and GSP/Serra 2, 2 fights where GSP took his opponets down and beat them up, BJ's grappling was nonexistent. He was on bottom without a sweep or escape, just stayed in guard and took punches while threatening at all. Serra got up at least once IIRC, and was constantly changing position on bottom even if GSP was able to maintain a dominant position. Serra's performances against GSP, both in his win and loss were better than BJ's.

He's five fucking five, stop it.

I don't think he was the biggest WW like TS claims but height is just height, Serra's shoulders are like 3 feet wide, the guy is build like a fire hydrant.

There have been FWs that are over 6'2 they are still small.

Serra at 240 now?
..lol
He is about 200...

Also...
ufc83weighin1.jpg pf-stpierre-serra.jpg

Serra was a lightweight, once upon at time, just like I weighed 100lbs when I was 8.

People always say GSP lost to "lightweight " Serra.

Heres something you guys obviously dont know.

Serra, at the time he fought GSP, was not a lightweight. Infact, he was actually the LARGEST fighter on the entire 170lb roster, having a walk around weight of 205lbs.

I hear the argument, "yeah but that was all pasta". No, he was not fat in any way when he fought GSP, infact I specifically remember thinking how small GSP looked next to Serra when they fought the first time. Sure, hes taller, but Serra was built like a tank. He made GSP look frail.

GSP ate whatever he wanted and ate a lot of McDonald's and fatty foods, and was never even close to being as heavy as Serra. Serra is just a naturally bigger guy. Gsp couldnt get to 200lba even with force feeding.

Please stop this GSP beat a lightweight narrative , its completely wrong. Gsp was 185lbs at that time and Serra was 205 (walk around weights)

Just because in the past Serra fought at lightweight, that doesn't make him a lightweight forever. Is Rumble a WW?

Serra is naturally a way way bigger guy than GSP. I mean, hes a heavyweight now who weighs like 240lbs.

Cliffs: Serra is not a lightweight

vpXfGtd_d.jpg
Serra weighed 205 and cut 50 lbs to make 155 like Anderson Silva weighed 240 lbs and cut 55 lbs to make 185.

Serra was a lightweight, once upon at time, just like I weighed 100lbs when I was 8.

Serra, at the time he fought GSP, was not a lightweight. Infact, he was actually the LARGEST fighter on the entire 170lb roster, having a walk around weight of 205lbs.

I hear the argument, "yeah but that was all pasta". No, he was not fat in any way when he fought GSP, infact I specifically remember thinking how small GSP looked next to Serra when they fought the first time. Sure, hes taller, but Serra was built like a tank. He made GSP look frail.

GSP ate whatever he wanted and ate a lot of McDonald's and fatty foods, and was never even close to being as heavy as Serra. Serra is just a naturally bigger guy. Gsp couldnt get to 200lba even with force feeding.

Please stop this GSP beat a lightweight narrative , its completely wrong. Gsp was 185lbs at that time and Serra was 205 (walk around weights)

Just because in the past Serra fought at lightweight, that doesn't make him a lightweight forever. Is Rumble a WW?

Serra is naturally a way way bigger guy than GSP. I mean, hes a heavyweight now who weighs like 240lbs.

vpXfGtd_d.jpg
GSP even in his prime would have never beaten Jones, Anderson or Fedor... on Top of that he lost to a guy that should have fought in Lightweight....

But the real question is, which is the real reason why he is not the GOAT?

(hint) LnP

Everyone respects BJ's grappling, and I've seen Serra described a a poor man's Penn, or something like that, but if you watch GSP/Penn 2 and GSP/Serra 2, 2 fights where GSP took his opponets down and beat them up, BJ's grappling was nonexistent. He was on bottom without a sweep or escape, just stayed in guard and took punches while threatening at all. Serra got up at least once IIRC, and was constantly changing position on bottom even if GSP was able to maintain a dominant position. Serra's performances against GSP, both in his win and loss were better than BJ's.
Good post and agree 100%.

vpXfGtd_d.jpg
I feel like within a year or two Rockhold will have an affair with a woman named Esmerelda whose real name is Horatio.

I have just one thing to add to the discussion:

Serra-calf-UFC-LI.gif

WEllllllp!! Rumble is a WW. confirmed.

Did you just compare Matt Serra to Rumble???

<36>

Rumble nearly died getting to WW.
Rumble missed weight at WW numerous times.
Rumble missed weight at MW by 15lbs.
Rumble is now 280lbs shredded and 6'2.

Matt Serra has never missed weight in his career. Even at LW. Matt Serra has never looked like death at WW.
Matt Serra is 5'5.
Matt Serra is in terrible shape when he is over 170lbs.

Serra is a 145er by todays standards.

Prime GSP tapped to strikes against a LW journeyman

vpXfGtd_d.jpg

that's a crazy looking picture, is Luke 20 rows back from Serra?? he looks like a 10 year old there compared to the Terra

Back