Seriously wtf ?!!

Welcome to MMA, where the writers are idiots and the pay doesn't matter.

hqdefault.jpg

$500,000 is the highest purse I've ever seen for a UFC fighter. I know they get bonuses and PPV money as well, but the purses are never impressive. Alex Leapai had a bigger purse against Klitschko than this entire card. Haha

Not sure why people care about disclosed purse. Jones gets PPV points and probably made 3 mill atleast since this card is trending at 700-1 mill buys.

? This is a life consuming job, where you work 7 days a week 24 hours a day.

It's not 24/7. most other jobs at minimum 8 hours a day as well. The article is stupid but you're equally as stupid if you think combat sports = 24/7 and therefore >> other jobs.

It's not 24/7. most other jobs at minimum 8 hours a day as well. The article is stupid but you're equally as stupid if you think combat sports = 24/7 and therefore >> other jobs.

OP buys into the whole "fighting is in our DNA/It's a lifestyle" schtick.

The only site I really care to read from an MMA writer is Zach Arnold's Fight Opinion website and he's having a tough time making ends meet.

The real funny part is the amount of people that're like:

"Dude, I'm so exhausted. This's the only time in weeks I've gotten to hang out with somebody who isn't a training partner and where I don't have to focus on recovering my body for my next training session. Yesterday I spent three hours getting out of triangle chokes in the morning and getting jabbed in the face at night, and between that I did a superset; I did this all on a breakfast and lunch of nothing but berries, spinach and tempeh. No salt; salt makes me retain water, which I can't have going on for my 20-lb weight cut in a couple weeks."

"Yeah, I know what you mean. I had to work overtime on Friday at the gas station. We're pretty much in the same boat."

the only wtf is the following:

Brad tavares got paid 25 + 25 for his 11th fight (and 8th win) in the UFC

Horiguchi got paid 20 + 20 for his 4th fight.

Back