Seriously, what do you think is it with the Brazilians losing their titles like this?

Doesn't matter the country or race, I just think USA has better camps.

Doesn't matter the country or race, I just think USA has better camps.

I reckon you're pretty close with this one. Personally I reckon they might have better access to whatever Juan Manuel Marquez has had access to of late if you know what I'm sayin'.

USA is going to dominate for a long time, simply because of its wrestling program and the quality of its camps.
If you're not training in the US you should be.

Yes, but nobody can beat those guys. Doesn't matter how many there are. It's not like there all these guys in foreign countries, who could beat the champs. Nearly all foreign talent is in the UFC. So you can't use that excuse. Add a few hundred Brazilians to the roster, and it won't change the rankings one bit. America is still on top, by far.

Your wrong man... there are a lot of talent in other countries that problably will never be discovered.
Just look at TJ Dillashaw, he was discovered in TUF 2011. If he was born in India or China he would not be holding a belt right now, right?

go on a 8, 9, 10 year run and wouldn't ya know it, you end up losing one or two

TS is a freakin troll man. He has some sort of fetish with bashing Hawaiian fighters also

P4P one of the worst posters on Sherdog

The last brazilian will soon lose his title.

McGregor is coming for Aldo.

Here's my theory. What I keep noticing about most American fighters (and some Canadians) is their resources.

Sure, Brazillians have their country on their side 110%, they grow up competing in combat sports and have years of experience, many come from poverty and want to get out- that all works (or worked) great. I think it's just Americans have SOOO many resources.

Everything American fighters have is state of the art. You've got DC going into those oxygen chambers, You've got Alpha Male with their cutting edge training, you've got a major focus on nutrition nowadays, you've got Johnny Hendricks using that ice chamber to heal, You've got fighters incorporating unconventional methods like eastern medicine like never before (Bikram Yoga, cupping, acupuncture) and gymnastics.

If you add all that up, along with their already grueling training and you can build ELITE fighters.

It's something I don't think Brazilian camps can keep up with.

Machida will probably get the MW belt next so there's +1 Brazilian belt.

I have a funny feeling Brazilians are going to stop giving any shits about MMA. I doubt any of them care about Formula 1 in a post Senna and Rubens Barrichello world.

You are wrong. So much wrong.

Americans are just better. It will be hilarious when we take over the international soccer scene.

I agree. Brazil has been intertwined with MMA since its conception, but it is just about over.

Stop posting shit you have no clue about. I know it's your MO, but just stop, stick with hating the UFC.

UFC has its most white american champions its had for a while

Events that occur around the same time period don't have to be related. Arona, CroCop, and Chuck all got knocked out in the first round, within a month of each other back in 2007, what did you make of that?

Edit: Oh, you are just Chaeling.

Last edited:
The smart people in the U.S. generally don't care what country a fighter is from, they just want to see a blood fest.

Also, it's not just the wrestling in school (that plays a part of it), look at the population difference. More people=more chances for incredible talent

Yes, U.S. has almost 2X the population in Brasil. That plays a 2X factor in U.S favor.

But "wrestling in school" is the most important part factor because it opens the door to almost 50% of americans to practice a maxial art, right?

Meanwhile in Brazil less than 1% of population have that opportunity. That plays at least a 50X factor in U.S favor.

Yes, U.S. has almost 2X the population in Brasil. That plays a 2X factor in U.S favor.

But "wrestling in school" is the most important part factor because it opens the door to almost 50% of americans to practice a maxial art, right?

Meanwhile in Brazil less than 1% of population have that opportunity. That plays at least a 50X factor in U.S favor.

Not a lot of American boys wrestle, just saying.

Back