Seriously, what do you think is it with the Brazilians losing their titles like this?

emax

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Are they just getting too complacent? Is it a refusal to update their training techniques? This is the second time we've seen a Brazilian title holder who seemed like he was gonna be there until he retired bet thrashed like that in such an unexpected manner. Maybe MMA is becoming as much a US centric sport as basketball and American football are and so only in the US can you update your fight strategies and learn how to strike in the manner that is needed. In any event, Aldo is now the sole Brazilian left after Dos Santos, Silva and now Barao have all been taken out hard, and at the moment I don't even know if it is looking that good for him in his rematch with Mendes. After that, the UFC could become a sport where American fighters hold every belt there is. What exactly do you think is going on here?

Anderson silva put his hands down when he fought forest and had the mask vs Vitor

americans always get really good at almost every sport.

USA!! USA!! USA!!

Simple as that

It's always been a sport of trends.

Meh...

They'll come back around.

Aldo will never lose though...

There was also a time Americans were losing their titles to Brazilians... champions win, champions lose...wouldn't be surprise to see it happen again in a few years.

20120114092257_AP12011405834.JPG

Come at me bro.

Seems when American athletes put their mind to it, they can dominate any sport. As a Brazilian, I have to respect that.

I would also like to see some stats for Brazilian vs. American fighters in the last 2 or 3 years. I get the impression that it's not just title fights -- the US has a lead overall.

I have a funny feeling Brazilians are going to stop giving any shits about MMA. I doubt any of them care about Formula 1 in a post Senna and Rubens Barrichello world.

Aldo still has a good chance of being dominant TS, and Machida has a good shot against Weidman. Calm yourself.

At least we get rid of those annoying new MMA fans that only likes the sport because the champion happens to have the same nationality, not considering the fact that a lot of "brazilian" fighters have dual nationality and spend most of their money and time in US soil. Wanderley Silva is a perfect example, but there are many others.

I have a funny feeling Brazilians are going to stop giving any shits about MMA. I doubt any of them care about Formula 1 in a post Senna and Rubens Barrichello world.

I don't have a feeling, I'm sure of it, after Anderson Silva and Junior dos Santos downfall, a lot of people stopped caring and watching about MMA. Renan Bar

Seems when American athletes put their mind to it, they can dominate any sport. As a Brazilian, I have to respect that.

I would also like to see some stats for Brazilian vs. American fighters in the last 2 or 3 years. I get the impression that it's not just title fights -- the US has a lead overall.

Except soccer.

A reasonable, un-emotional reply.

I won't lie and say that I never cheer my own countrymen simply because they are my countrymen, because in some cases I do and I'm happy when we have more belts than any other country.

But if I become a big enough fan of a fighter then it will override all that. I'd like to see Machida and JDS become champs again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back