Seriously: Is Weidman just better than AS or did AS just get old?

I have no reason to question Weidmans skills especially when he outstruck Silva AND Machida. 2 of the most highly regarded strikers in the UFC.

The guy is just a unique talent.

Anderson is almost 40, which means he's over 10 years past his athletic prime. He has more experience and better technique than he did 10 years ago, but to say he's as quick and explosive is to deny reality. Anyone over 30 knows how fast our physical abilities deteriorate one it starts. If prime weidman stood and traded with the Anderson Silva that took the belt from rich Franklin, he would get wrecked. I also think he has trouble taking that Silva down. The Chris is pretty damn good, but he's not the GOAT

Weidman isn't Franklin so there's no guarantee the Anderson that fought Rich would beat Chris let alone wreck him.

Besides, Weidman would destroy Franklin as well

Weidman is just better. Silva couldn't do anything to him in their first fight except kick at his leg. 2nd fight Weidman beats that too.

I feel like a prime AS would've stood a good chance of "catching" the chris. AS had ridiculous speed to match the techniques he used. Having said that, CW is just a more versatile fighter and probably beats any version of AS 7/10 times

This is how desilusional are Weidman fans. Holy Sh**.

He knocked out Andy once, and Anderson was doing that clown trembling shit.

In the second fight, he was knocked down, but he came back very fresh in the second round. Weidman otherwise tends to gas.

You're coming up for excuses for every little thing and pulling things out of thin air like Weidman being gassed in the 2nd fight.

Yea, in the 2nd fight Andy got knocked with a clean shot and went down like a ton of bricks. Maybe he wasn't KO'd and maybe he was. But, he was certainly hurt quite a bit from a position where Andy had previously been impervious to damage in other fights.

I think you fail to realize how well Weidman played off of Andy's strengths to expose weaknesses.

Weidman is a more well-rounded and complete fighter now than Silva ever was (and it is very likely he hasn't approached his peak yet), and he beats any version of Silva as well.

Yeah, pretty much this.

Both. I honestly have no idea what happens between prime silva and weidman. I do know I don't want to see a 3rd fight.

Fighters don't naturally peak at 40. Was Fedor at his peak when he lost?

He's talking about the point of physical deterioration. If you have a problem with that, go take it up with science.

Last edited:
I think Weidman beats any age Silva (just my opinion) but Silva wasn't at his physical prime during the fights.

Silva's legacy > Weidman's tho

Seriously, we need some more threads that start with seriously. I'm cereal.

Weidman's style is/was all wrong for Anderson. His wrestling was always going to limit Anderson's output, and he's a very crafty striker as well.

I just don't think Anderson would have ever matched up well against Weidman.

I think Weidman is just that good. Anderson has problems with wrestlers but he won't lose just to any wrestler like Okami, Sonnen, and Hendo. It takes a special kind of fighter to dethrone a champ like that, and Chris Weidman is the real deal.

You're coming up for excuses for every little thing and pulling things out of thin air like Weidman being gassed in the 2nd fight.

Yea, in the 2nd fight Andy got knocked with a clean shot and went down like a ton of bricks. Maybe he wasn't KO'd and maybe he was. But, he was certainly hurt quite a bit from a position where Andy had previously been impervious to damage in other fights.

I think you fail to realize how well Weidman played off of Andy's strengths to expose weaknesses.

And you'r pulling things out of thin air like pretending that Weidman would have won the fight if the injury didn't happened. You can't tell that. That's the way Anderson fights. He waits. And sadly the injury came.

I'm not sold in those fights.

Two bizarre things happened twice, and people act like it didn't.

I think prime Silva destroys Weidman. And i still believe 40 years old Silva can dethrone the Chris.

I mean, Weidman used all his tools in first round, and Anderson came to 2nd like it was nothing, very fresh, while Weidman was already a little gassed.

Is that why he got KO'd?

He's talking about physical peak. If you have a problem with that, go take it up with science.

What science are you talking about? Show me the study that a mans physical peak is in his forties.

Was Fedor at his peak?

I believe Weidman has the style to beat AS. GSP said it. Not talking about any particular fighter but 40 is not the physical peak for a man.

I think a.s. has the bigger, more developed tool box, but the weid is the better athlete, has freak strength, and is as big as silva who was the biggest guy in thee division. I think Chris is just so much more than silva. Silva hits ya, you geet stunned. Chris hits you, you wake up tomorrow wondering what happened.

What science are you talking about? Show me the study that a mans physical peak is in his forties.

Was Fedor at his peak?

I believe Weidman has the style to beat AS. GSP said it. Not talking about any particular fighter but 40 is not the physical peak for a man.

I changed the wording in my post. It was about physical deterioration and I had ran with what you posted. I responded to a post with a completely different point.

That said, this was the easiest one to find.

Generally, people lose about 1 percent of their lean muscle mass per year after age 40.

Weidman is very good, and also happens to be an extremely bad matchup for Anderson.

And you'r pulling things out of thin air like pretending that Weidman would have won the fight if the injury didn't happened. You can't tell that. That's the way Anderson fights. He waits. And sadly the injury came.

Facts are facts. Anderson fought Weidman twice and never made it out of the second round on either occasion. He lost every minute of every round. There just isn't any physical evidence from either fight to support the notion that Anderson was coming on or taking control of the fight.

He lost. Twice. Period. A fluke happens once. Not twice.

Back