Seriously: Is Weidman just better than AS or did AS just get old?

Styles make fights and Weidman is Anderson's kryptonite. But I believe he is better than Anderson and would defeat all the guys Anderson beat.

In total agreement. Weidman is simply the better fighter.

He was getting his ass handed to him in the 2nd fight, but that doesn't count, apparently.

Weidman knocked him down, and then was trying to punch him in the gnp. Anderson survived and was very fresh. Then came the second round, gassed Weidman woudnt be able to took him down, so the freak injury came. It was sad, because Anderson could finish business that time.

First Fight: Andy got cocky and stupid. If he'd have fought the same way he fought Leben, Weidman would have been toast.

Second Fight: Mistake/fluke cost him the match.

pls.gif

lmao perfect

So Weidman is a GOAT now?

Because that's what people are basically saying when they say he is better than any version of Silva.

Silva held the title for 7 years and Weidmans had it for about a year and a half. I'd like to wait for a little bit more time before I start taking such strong stances.

Weidman is better. The losses weren't flukes.

I believe Weidman is more well rounded and is a horrible matchup for Silva.

But the only way to find out for sure would be to use time travel to get prime Silva to fight prime Weidman.

Weidman knocked him down, and then was trying to punch him in the gnp. Anderson survived and was very fresh. Then came the second round, gassed Weidman woudnt be able to took him down, so the freak injury came. It was sad, because Anderson could finish business that time.

Oh, Weidman gassed now? Well now we have excuses for everything.

So Weidman is a GOAT now?

Because that's what people are basically saying when they say he is better than any version of Silva.

Silva held the title for 7 years and Weidmans had it for about a year and a half. I'd like to wait for a little bit more time before I start taking such strong stances.

Head to head Weidman was better. He's a better fighter right now until Silva proves otherwise.

Weidman isn't anywhere near the champion Silva was though. He has a way to go before we can start that discussion he only has 2 title defenses.

I'm still not sure if Weidman is really better than Anderson Silva, or if he was just a bad matchup for him all along. If Chael never got triangled and won a decision against Anderson, would we say he is the better fighter?

I think the more we see of Chris' title run will give us the answer.

Weidman put Anderson on his back for some minuts, but Anderson is fresh for second round, and then Weidman has nothing to Anderson in the standup. Anderson breaks his leg. So, Weidman is better than any version of Silva.

Omg, this is the most complete bs i've ever heard.

Up until CW got his hands in Silva he never showed signs of getting old , so I would think Weidman is better but who knows for sure.

Anderson is almost 40, which means he's over 10 years past his athletic prime. He has more experience and better technique than he did 10 years ago, but to say he's as quick and explosive is to deny reality. Anyone over 30 knows how fast our physical abilities deteriorate one it starts. If prime weidman stood and traded with the Anderson Silva that took the belt from rich Franklin, he would get wrecked. I also think he has trouble taking that Silva down. The Chris is pretty damn good, but he's not the GOAT

Weidman put Anderson on his back for some minuts, but Anderson is fresh for second round, and then Weidman has nothing to Anderson in the standup. Anderson breaks his leg. So, Weidman is better than any version of Silva.

Omg, this is the most complete bs i've ever heard.

He knocked him out twice, but he's got nothing in his standup for Andy.

LOL at all the Silva haters uniting here. What happened both fights were freaky (lighting strikes twice). I'll love to see how a third fight plays out. Andy can not afford to make mistakes against the Chris (2nd fight) or get cocky (1st fight) and throw kisses like it's a sparring match.

You don't get old over night. Weidman is better.

You don't get old over night. One day you are in your twenties and on top of the world then you are close to 40 and have high blood pressure and your waist starts swelling. I am sure AS is close to 40 which is not prime fighting age without PED.

I think Weidman has the style to beat him. It does not mean that Weidman can be as successful as AS though. We have to wait and see.

I'm still not sure if Weidman is really better than Anderson Silva, or if he was just a bad matchup for him all along. If Chael never got triangled and won a decision against Anderson, would we say he is the better fighter?

I think the more we see of Chris' title run will give us the answer.

Not really comparable. Weidman is undefeated, a much more well rounded fighter and is on course to fighting better competition than what Anderson did in 7(?) years

Anderson is almost 40, which means he's over 10 years past his athletic prime. He has more experience and better technique than he did 10 years ago, but to say he's as quick and explosive is to deny reality. Anyone over 30 knows how fast our physical abilities deteriorate one it starts. If prime weidman stood and traded with the Anderson Silva that took the belt from rich Franklin, he would get wrecked. I also think he has trouble taking that Silva down. The Chris is pretty damn good, but he's not the GOAT

That's not true. They peak at 40, tableau for about 10 years, then begin to deteriorate.

He knocked him out twice, but he's got nothing in his standup for Andy.

This is how desilusional are Weidman fans. Holy Sh**.

He knocked out Andy once, and Anderson was doing that clown trembling shit.

In the second fight, he was knocked down, but he came back very fresh in the second round. Weidman otherwise tends to gas.

Back