seriously., if you dont respect Conor

Put me against similarly talented midgets and I'd beat them all. But no one will call me the GOAT.

That's your answer.

I have nothing against him as a fighter, I just can't stand his antics.

I remember how big a deal everyone made of Bendo moving up to beat Thatch. Ariel called it one of the greatest feats in sports history lol.

Conor moves up and there is every excuse in the book and he's accused of ducking half the roster.

It's bizarro world on this forum when it comes to Conor.

Nate will have a 3 day training camp.. Conor didn't want to tangle with Khabib, Ferguson or Pettis @ 155

Is there a source on this? in between all the people wanting to fight him, i lost track of most things that were posted/said.

I don't respect him as a martial artist because every dojo i have ever been a part of taught humility, respect and honour. The last thing MA is about is wealth, flash and pomp. To me, a martial artist is a modern day bushi, like GSP, Gracie or Machida. Macgregor is a wannabe daimyo.

yoJC2wxjCRIN9Gd9TO.gif

Fighting Chad and now Nate on short notice 25 pounds heavier than hes ever fought in the UFC.

And the pathetic hater posts on this forum make me cringe.. Conor McGregor is going for it... he is everything a fight fan wants.. at this point if you are still hating.. you arent a fan of combat sports, youre a fan of the wwe esque drama that surrounds mma.

I think Diaz will win this fight. I think he is a tougher match up for Conor than RDA. His cardio, boxing, size, bjj, and chin will prevail if he is in his best form.

Conor does deserve respect for being loyal to his Irish fans taking the Mendes fight. He also deserves respect for his fighting skill. Which you are correct in saying pathetic haters don't admit.
His trashtalk does get grating after a while but is hilarious in small doses or the other person talks back. I respect that he is good to his friends and terrible to his enemies though I just dislike the mouth.

Fighting at near his natural weight doesn't deserve extra respect. Nate probably outweighs him by 2-5kg which isn't that much.
People act like Conor is a natural lightweight even though he walked at 77kg Welterweight limit fighting at Featherweight. He probably is 80-84kg right now which is a natural Middleweight.

Conor is one of the biggest WWE like figures in MMA it is how he makes his money that he can actually fight and back it up is refreshing but doesn't change he is part of the drama you are implying is wrong with mma.

RDA was a worse match up for him he is a tank that comes forward and just murders people not named Khabib after he rapidly improved. Better takedowns and submissions than Nate and he actually kicks.
RDA outweighs both Conor and Nate he may be shorter but has more size since he has more muscle mass and cuts from 86-90kg.
So I agree with the spirit of your post but I just had to weigh in on the points I disagreed with.

He's always been inconsistent and very beatable. Even when he was in title contention he only made it to a 3 fight win streak after getting ragdolled twice in a row. He's not fighting any better or any worse than he ever has.
agreed, cant argue with that reasoning.

Wtf do you watch this sport for? Youve got a guy who constantly goes for the finish.. never pulls out of fights.. has the most exciting style that ive ever seen.. constantly providing action

Fighting Chad and now Nate on short notice 25 pounds heavier than hes ever fought in the UFC.

And the pathetic hater posts on this forum make me cringe.. Conor McGregor is going for it... he is everything a fight fan wants.. at this point if you are still hating.. you arent a fan of combat sports, youre a fan of the wwe esque drama that surrounds mma.

Who cares what he says, nobody since Penn has honestly been this "Bout it".

I think Diaz will win this fight. I think he is a tougher match up for Conor than RDA. His cardio, boxing, size, bjj, and chin will prevail if he is in his best form. And Conor will be laughed at, for being the kind of fighter we crave to see, and dont apreciate until hes gone

when was penn ever "bout it"?

he quit fights between rounds and walked away from his title to fight bang ludwig before he was a world acclaimed coach.

i will say that i hate to admit it but that i respect teh hell out of conner for taking this fight. i doubt nate is in the top 10, but conner didnt back out, so good on him.

Conor is the mother fucking man. Guy is a 145 taking on Nate at 170.

How many fighters fight an opponent on short notice 2 weight classes up.

He was training for a lightweight fight and he's still fighting a lightweight.

Hater is actually the most pathetic word there is-basically if you aren't overly positive about them then you're just a hater.
He's a very good fighter, he's doing well, but he's getting plenty of favours from the boss along the way, and its clear that Dana will shit on everyone else to give Conor what he wants. A shot at LW wasn't unreasonable (but remember Aldo wanted one and got denied it), but no way in hell does he deserve a shot at 170

I want his outspoken and obnoxious fans to suffer a loss more than I want him to suffer a loss. I want them to have to scuttle back to where they came from.

Wtf do you watch this sport for? Youve got a guy who constantly goes for the finish.. never pulls out of fights.. has the most exciting style that ive ever seen.. constantly providing action

Who cares what he says, nobody since Penn has honestly been this "Bout it".

I think Diaz will win this fight. I think he is a tougher match up for Conor than RDA. His cardio, boxing, size, bjj, and chin will prevail if he is in his best form. And Conor will be laughed at, for being the kind of fighter we crave to see, and dont apreciate until hes gone

if you can't understand why people don't like someone who is arrogant, who is protected by the UFC, who is most definitely overrated, then I don't know what to tell you. Newsflash, not everyone likes the same things you do

when was penn ever "bout it"?

he quit fights between rounds and walked away from his title to fight bang ludwig before he was a world acclaimed coach.

i will say that i hate to admit it but that i respect teh hell out of conner for taking this fight. i doubt nate is in the top 10, but conner didnt back out, so good on him.
Nate is number 5 at LW.

if you can't understand why people don't like someone who is arrogant, who is protected by the UFC, who is most definitely overrated, then I don't know what to tell you. Newsflash, not everyone likes the same things you do
It's not about having different tastes, it's about being ignorant. He ran the gauntlet at FW, destroying the long-time #1 and #2 in a round or two (respectively), so no he has not been protected and no he's not overrated. Conor has earned every one of his fighting accolades.

Again, dislike who you want as it's your prerogative, but when your reasons are absolute garbage and you're hating for the sake of hating you lose all rights to pull the "oh well it's my opinion" card. It's a shit opinion and it deserves to be ridiculed.

I want his outspoken and obnoxious fans to suffer a loss more than I want him to suffer a loss. I want them to have to scuttle back to where they came from.
Only because his entire career you've been the one forced to eat crow while the people who gave Conor credit got to say "I told you so". His fans are fine, it's his haters who offer nothing of value and choose to direct their hate towards most of the MMA fanbase who simply enjoy exciting fighters that fight often and fight to finish.

according to whom?

and what was he before he signed to fight connar?
UFC.com, though granted their ratings should be taken with a grain of salt (as should Sherdog's).

I'm curious as to why he shouldn't be a top ten LW at the very least. His only recent loss was to the champ and his last win was over a guy who was roughly 5 or 6 in the division.

Only because his entire career you've been the one forced to eat crow while the people who gave Conor credit got to say "I told you so". His fans are fine, it's his haters who offer nothing of value and choose to direct their hate towards most of the MMA fanbase who simply enjoy exciting fighters who fight often and fight to finish.

Lol your disproportionate arrogance is what is off-putting. You take another man's accomplishments and use them to bolster your own ego which is truly, truly pathetic. And you don't get to decide what other people enjoy or don't enjoy you freaking nutcase. :D

It's not about having different tastes, it's about being ignorant. He ran the gauntlet at FW, destroying the long-time #1 and #2 in a round or two (respectively), so no he has not been protected and no he's not overrated. Conor has earned every one of his fighting accolades.

Again, dislike who you want as it's your prerogative, but when your reasons are absolute garbage and you're hating for the sake of hating you lose all rights to pull the "oh well it's my opinion" card. It's a shit opinion and it deserves to be ridiculed.

he hasnt fought frankie.

nevertheless, tough to call him protected. maybe before his last 2 fights, but calling a guy who fought mendes and aldo back to back protected doesnt make much sense.

that said, frankie will whoop that ass if they ever fight.

Back