Seriously, Dana...McGregor deserves a title shot next in case he wins over Siver?!

Edgar deserves it. Swanson had McGregors best win plus Oliveira & Stephens.

I would agree if he had faced tougher competition. He needed a win vs guys like Lamas, Frankie, Cub or Mendes IMO. But that is a fight that will sell, it's easy to understand why UFC is so excited to do it.

Who did Chad Mendes beat on his way to his second shot at Aldo?

They just need to sticky a thread for the mcgregor haters so they can go in there and jerk each other off, talking about how generic wrestlers with no personalities are the best fighters in the world. It's getting nauseating constantly reading the same whining and bitching from these fools.

Who did Chad Mendes beat on his way to his second shot at Aldo?

Here is one of the world beaters here:

mendesmckenzie.gif

Five fight win streak, four stoppages, at least one legit top ten finish.

Yeah. That'll do.

I can see a lot of people don't like his attitude, but personally I think he is bringing excitement to the sport and backing up his big mouth...The only other worthy challenger is Edgar atm, so why not see Connor first? I' curious...lol

Who do you think deserves it more than McGregor?

Someone will come up with a bullshit answer.

the only argument is Frankie edgar, but c'mon he had his chance. Make Edgar face Lamas. Winner gets a rematch. Or hopefully Aldo moves up to fight Pettis, and they fight for a vacant belt.

I can't wait for this fight it is going to be amazing

hqdefault.jpg

They should match the winner up with Pettis for the ultimate super fight

No, i think connor should defend his belt

Aldo could move up and have a crack at pettis

He's top 10, has 4 wins in UFC, beat a top 10 FW and is fighting another top 15 FW. plus hes the only guy who Aldo hasnt fought.

And he's also the biggest fight for Aldo in the UFC right now, UFC wants to make money and needs big fights and Aldo wants to get paid. This is his biggest chance to make PPV money.

Seems like a no brainer if you ask me.

the only argument is Frankie edgar, but c'mon he had his chance. Make Edgar face Lamas. Winner gets a rematch. Or hopefully Aldo moves up to fight Pettis, and they fight for a vacant belt.

And it's a shit argument. Comparing edgar since he went down to 145 vs mcgregor's run since joining the ufc, mc-g comes out on top.

TS replied with Chad Mendes rematch, so I already got my bullshit answer hehehe :icon_lol:

mma fans want Aldo to fight Cole Miller so it can do 85k PPV buys and they can scream UFC is dying.

If Aldo is smart, then he'd take this fight so he can stop complaining about money. Ufc is sports entertainment folks, not about rankings or legitimacy. Ppl just want to be entertained, period...

And it's a shit argument. Comparing edgar since he went down to 145 vs mcgregor's run since joining the ufc, mc-g comes out on top.

hold on just one minute, Mcgregor has done well. but edgar lost to Aldo in a somewhat close fight, has beaten Oliveria, an over-the-hill Bj Penn, and then Dominated Cub Swanson and scored the latest finish in UFC history.

Let's say we value Thier last fights Equally Conor win over Porier and Edgars win over swanson Edgar stacks up well with oliveria being a better win than all of Connors.

But conor is fresh and up and coming, I think it's a fair Arguement but i don't really see why someone would want that for any reason other than having a raging hate-on for conor.

Edgar is more deserving, but how many title fights does one guy need? Conor is a fresh challenger and will pack a stadium in Ireland.

hold on just one minute, Mcgregor has done well. but edgar lost to Aldo in a somewhat close fight, has beaten Oliveria, an over-the-hill Bj Penn, and then Dominated Cub Swanson and scored the latest finish in UFC history.

Let's say we value Thier last fights Equally Conor win over Porier and Edgars win over swanson Edgar stacks up well with oliveria being a better win than all of Connors.

But conor is fresh and up and coming, I think it's a fair Arguement but i don't really see why someone would want that for any reason other than having a raging hate-on for conor.

What the fuck are you talking about? Learn some context son. It's not like edgar beat oliviera last week, or hell even last year. You have to go back to summer of 2013, back when oliviera was still pretty far out of the top ten. Now couple that with the fact that the fight was pretty competitive, and it's not really a very impressive win. If you want to play that game, then you have to say mcgregor's win vs holloway is far and away better, considering how impressive max has looked since then.

I'm not even going to address the nonsense that edgar's ass whooping by aldo was close; giving edgar one round in that fight is stretching the limits of judges' generosity these days.

As for the fight vs swanson, he beat him utilizing a grapple heavy plan, which if anyone has watched swanson at all for the past few years, they'd know how shitty his defensive grappling is, so hardly something to write home about.

So, like I said, mc-g > edgar

I dont know, but I know Conor fans would be shitting their pants if he was fighting someone like Edgar or Mendez now... you know, actual title contenders, instead of a journeyman who's an ideal matchup for him.

Back