Serious question

MMAniak416

White Belt
Reaction score
First time making a thread and just have a quick question for you guys.

Did the small cage on the TUF Live card contribute to 80% finish rate?

Would honestly love to see Diaz vs GSP in a small cage.

Good idea.

Let's find other ways of preventing fighters of expressing their skills! (i.e. footwork)

How about making it a tunnel-like fence?

Actually I've always felt that a smaller cage would definitely result in more finishes and more exciting fights.

Just imagine how different Diaz vs. Condit would of been in a smaller cage. Nowhere to run.

Good idea.

Let's find other ways of preventing fighters of expressing their skills! (i.e. footwork)

How about making it a tunnel-like fence?

How about you go fuck yourself? There's an idea!

So you're telling me Frankie wouldn't be the same fighter if he fought in a cage?

Also, WEC fighters fought in a smaller cage and I didnt see it affect any of their skills. They put on a ton of really fun and exciting fights.

How about you go fuck yourself? There's an idea!

So you're telling me Frankie wouldn't be the same fighter if he fought in a cage?

Also, WEC fighters fought in a smaller cage and I didnt see it affect any of their skills. They put on a ton of really fun and exciting fights.

No I won't fuck myself.

As for the smaller cage, I'm not for it. You're looking at this with your "finish" goggles.

What I think is best is giving the fighters the least amount of restrictions and the least amount of rules so they can express themselves freely. Adding rules or a smaller octagon to restrict them is going the wrong way.

Let the fighters fight!

First time making a thread and just have a quick question for you guys.

Did the small cage on the TUF Live card contribute to 80% finish rate?

Would honestly love to see Diaz vs GSP in a small cage.

Yeah Diaz would have won against Condit

The WEC cage was smaller (and the payday was significantly lower than the UFC's)
But I would like to see a smaller cage indeed.

No running around because you can't cut a fighter off in the octagon.

The WEC cage was smaller (and the payday was significantly lower than the UFC's)
But I would like to see a smaller cage indeed.

No running around because you can't cut a fighter off in the octagon.

Footwork is just as much a fighter's skill as punching. Why would you restrict something from a fighters arsenal?

I want to watch fights as real and as unadulterated as possible.

Let the fighters fight!

Last edited:
Footwork is just as much a fighter's skill as punching. Why would you restrict something from a fighters arsenal?

Let the fighters fight!

-why not just fight in a football field then?
-whenever they start to lose they can use "footwork" to get away!
-40yrd dash times will all of the sudden be a critical predictor of success of fighters.
So cool huh?

-why not just fight in a football field then?
-whenever they start to lose they can use "footwork" to get away!
-40yrd dash times will all of the sudden be a critical predictor of success of fighters.
So cool huh?

That would not be practical, only football stadiums could host UFC events. Also, it would be hard to see anything for the live spectators.

You don't need to go to extremes. My point is simple:

- Intefere with the fighters the least amount possible.
- Do not introduce elements that would restrict a fighter from expressing themselves

Just let the fighters fight!

That would not be practical, only football stadiums could host UFC events. Also, it would be hard to see anything for the live spectators.

You don't need to go to extremes. My point is simple:

- Intefere with the fighters the least amount possible.
- Do not introduce elements that would restrict a fighter from expressing themselves

Just let the fighters fight!

Why:
-gloves?
-refs?
-nutcups?
-rules?

Let the fighters fight!

Let the fighters fight!
I agree with footwork and all that but no one needs 32 feet to make that happen. The smaller cage will bring on more excitement for the fans and that's what its all about.

Why:
-gloves?
-refs?
-nutcups?
-rules?

Let the fighters fight!

I agree with you, there are enough already!

I would gladly remove some rules, but we live in a society where, in order for us to enjoy MMA fights, there needs to be rules :(

JUST DON'T ADD ANYMORE RESTRICTIONS! THERE ARE ENOUGH ALREADY!

smaller cage does force them to fight though.
i remember the school yard fight days usually to get them to start someone had to push the two kids into each other and that started it haha

I don't don't think Diaz beats Condit in a smaller cage. I think Condit wins by throwing some "spinning shit".

I always thought it was a very intentional move by the UFC to try and push the "action" a bit since the whole TUF thing is a big exposure vehicle for them.

But then I do talk out of my ass a lot.

Very interesting read.

I still think we should let the fighters fight with the least amount of interventions and restrictions possible, whether it's rules or a big octagon.

Fighters need all the room they can to express themselves.

It's only two people, you don't need an octagon that size, the WEC cage was perfect.

Back