Serious question re: UFC sale

WinZip

Trial Version Expired
@Silver
Reaction score
Did Pride, Strikeforce, WEC, WFA, etc all get bought up alongside the UFC, or was it just the UFC brand? I'm curious because Zuffa had/has the rights to the old Pride fights and I'd like that content to be available, not caught up in contract fine print.

Good question, all the media I've seen said that UFC got sold, not Zuffa, but that could just be the media branding everything as UFC.

I would guess they bought every asset on the Fight Pass library, including Pride, in addition to the UFC.

The content is available? WME bought the UFC's digital library.

Good question. This is probably how the frittatas will continue to make their money. Make their own fightpass and put all the non UFC content on their. Quite cunning if you ask me.

The content is available? WME bought the UFC's digital library.
but Zuffa is more than just UFC, so did they acquire the Zuffa digital library, which encompasses UFC, WEC, PRIDE, Strikeforce, etc, or the UFC digital library, which is just UFC?

but Zuffa is more than just UFC, so did they acquire the Zuffa digital library, which encompasses UFC, WEC, PRIDE, Strikeforce, etc, or the UFC digital library, which is just UFC?
I can't find a source but i'd imagine the price was so high because of fight pass' full library. I'm not really sure. What is it that you are worried about? That over time we will those that content?

I can't find a source but i'd imagine the price was so high because of fight pass' full library. I'm not really sure. What is it that you are worried about? That over time we will those that content?
Not really worried. I'm just curious if the sale will mean we have to find another way to access the non-UFC content, and also I'm curious if Zuffa will continue to exist in some way (separate from the UFC and WME).

Not really worried. I'm just curious if the sale will mean we have to find another way to access the non-UFC content, and also I'm curious if Zuffa will continue to exist in some way (separate from the UFC and WME).
I can say I'm 99 percent sure the full backlog of events on Fight Pass will not only remain but grow.

Did Pride, Strikeforce, WEC, WFA, etc all get bought up alongside the UFC, or was it just the UFC brand? I'm curious because Zuffa had/has the rights to the old Pride fights and I'd like that content to be available, not caught up in contract fine print.
fight pass and the digital media library is owned by Ultimate Fighting Championship llc, which was sold by its parent company, Zuffa to WME. So WME now owns fight pass and the library.

Back