Serious question: Is Jon Jones a psychopath?

I love all these man made terms from idiot therapists. It's all crap in order to give drugs to people. He's a young dude who likes to party. How different is he than any other young guy? He made a mistake, panicked and took off. Not unlike many many other people. I can't stand these stupid terms drs. and therapists pull out of their ass.
You can't stand words?

He's not a psychopath, but I do think he is a sociopath.
beh
he s just a classic narcissist on steriods (not literally mods i mean it as an expresssion) just like any other young famous person in the social media generation...almost every celebrity these days makes stupid videos and selfies that would get ignored or ripped to shreds if they were normal (not famous) people...but because they are famous , have fans and huge twitter followings their ego s and attention craving is amplified and they know anything they post will get them the attention they crave no matter how dumb and unnecessary it is...so they post and feed their ego all the while needing the attention because deep inside they are insecure or unhappy for some reason ie narcissist...its such common behavior with people under 35 these days the word might just dissappear all together from use...for chriss sakes people buy selfie sticks..omg...if jesus is real what is he waiting for?? is it possible for our culture to get even more self absorbed??

He walks around at like 220lbs, most HWs have to cut 20lbs to make 240lbs, Jones is putting on that mass to get ready to terminate the entire division, he probably hasn't gone up yet because a title fight is a rare occasion for the HWs, they're sloppy & unreliable. The top 3 at LHW is easily better than the top 3 HWs.

Why on God's green Earth would Heavyweights cut weight to get down to 240?

Wait, what?

Why on God's green Earth would Heavyweights cut weight to get down to 240?

Wait, what?
I know the way the fight indicates so but believe it or not the HWs don't just roll off the couch and get on the scales on the day of weigh ins.

anyone that generates tons of revenue for someone else and/or is rich is always gonna get softer punishment from our corrupt legal system ..its not jbj s fault, he s just playing the cards he has ...not surprised he ran , more surprised he came back to grab the money but forgot the weed pipe...who knows what kind of shape he was in when he ran, he could have been drunk too and thus avoided more charges by running (maybe he thought he had a better chance to save his career this way). its just reality , our laws and justice system are there to protect the rich and famous not to imprison them..the prisons are for the disadvantaged..

I know the way the fight indicates so but believe it or not the HWs don't just roll off the couch and get on the scales on the day of weigh ins.

Do you know what 'cutting weight' means? Seriously. Just curious.

Are you trying to say that if they were just lops of shit sitting on the couch they would be 260 but they diet and train down to 240?

Well, I guess we are agreed then.

Why are ppl so sensitive these days? Hes just a dude who does dumb shit, thats all.

Exactly. Next, let's try to guess how many ppl in his extended family have either high blood pressure or cancer.

Let's all play guess-doctor and see what fun posts we can come up with!

Nah, he's just another young guy that hit the right (wrong?) combo of success, fame and the desire to Parrrrtayyy! Not the first and certainly not the last.

Also, Jones isn't a heavyweight, so why would he fight there unless he REALLY wanted to make a statement. Changing weight classes, up or down, isn't as easy as most Sherdoggers seem to think it is. You either waste yourself physically to cut, or you fight folks way bigger than you. It's hard to get it just right.

Actually you might be shocked how wrong you are. There are a ton of people who already view Bones as the best fighter on the roster which pretty much makes him the baddest man on the planet.

I am not sure if he would stand the Velasquez with his smothering pressure and high level wrestling... until he bests Velasquez he will be one of the strongest guys. If they fight... then we could talk about him being the best.

Other than Velasquez and maybe (just maybe) Dos Santos, I don't see anyone other standing a chance against Jones.

Dos Santos is on slowly falling from top, so I'm not too sure about him... we'll see in UFC Zagreb what he has to say on that.

I am not sure if he would stand the Velasquez with his smothering pressure and high level wrestling... until he bests Velasquez he will be one of the strongest guys. If they fight... then we could talk about him being the best.

Other than Velasquez and maybe (just maybe) Dos Santos, I don't see anyone other standing a chance against Jones.

Dos Santos is on slowly falling from top, so I'm not too sure about him... we'll see in UFC Zagreb what he has to say on that.

I think this post would've held water a couple of years ago but with Cain's last performance, seemingly endless injuries and JDS ...

I have to disagree with you about JDS 'slowly falling from top'. It seems to me that he's fallen off a cliff.

If we want to talk about who's at the top at HW right now, Werdum is a legit challenge for Bones but I think Jones beat him more often than not. Overeem would be a tall task but if Jones could survive his power, I think he'd cruise to a fairly easy decision. I think Jones would blow Stipe out of the water with an easy decision.

I like Jones against ANYBODY at this moment in time. He's a spoiled brat but he's just big enough, creative enough and skilled enough to beat anybody, IMO.

I like your ideas, though, I just have different ones.

I think this post would've held water a couple of years ago but with Cain's last performance, seemingly endless injuries and JDS ...

I have to disagree with you about JDS 'slowly falling from top'. It seems to me that he's fallen off a cliff.

If we want to talk about who's at the top at HW right now, Werdum is a legit challenge for Bones but I think Jones beat him more often than not. Overeem would be a tall task but if Jones could survive his power, I think he'd cruise to a fairly easy decision. I think Jones would blow Stipe out of the water with an easy decision.

I like Jones against ANYBODY at this moment in time. He's a spoiled brat but he's just big enough, creative enough and skilled enough to beat anybody, IMO.

I like your ideas, though, I just have different ones.

Well... I see Cain's last performance as an hight issue. It was pretty stupid from him to expect that this won't affect his game... especially when his game is total energy consumption. I was mentioning JDS solely because of his heavy hands and boxing style. Gustafsson made a big trouble to Jones just by big big and knowing how to punch... I think in boxing that JDS is better than Gustafsson.

Honestly I do not think Werdum would have chance either against Jones nor Velasquez on any other place (this is just my opinion).

Overeem might seem like a good challenge, but that man has a glass chin... first blow and he's down. Sadly seen too many times. I won't comment Stipe, he's my fellow countryman, so I would always bet on him against anyone :D

No doubt Jones is one of the greatest, most dominant guys in UFC, not just today, but ever... if he wasn't an idiot, he would be greater than Anderson. He was on a killer winning streak, defending titles, improving every match... but without testing himself in HW division, there will always be a question.

If he would, in my opinion beat Velasquez, he would be baddest man on planet for sure

Well... I see Cain's last performance as an hight issue. It was pretty stupid from him to expect that this won't affect his game... especially when his game is total energy consumption. I was mentioning JDS solely because of his heavy hands and boxing style. Gustafsson made a big trouble to Jones just by big big and knowing how to punch... I think in boxing that JDS is better than Gustafsson.

Honestly I do not think Werdum would have chance either against Jones nor Velasquez on any other place (this is just my opinion).

Overeem might seem like a good challenge, but that man has a glass chin... first blow and he's down. Sadly seen too many times. I won't comment Stipe, he's my fellow countryman, so I would always bet on him against anyone :D

No doubt Jones is one of the greatest, most dominant guys in UFC, not just today, but ever... if he wasn't an idiot, he would be greater than Anderson. He was on a killer winning streak, defending titles, improving every match... but without testing himself in HW division, there will always be a question.

If he would, in my opinion beat Velasquez, he would be baddest man on planet for sure

Jones doesn't pack a lot of power. Enough to KO Overeem? Maybe. I mean, sure but Bones is no KO artist.

I
"Psychopathy (/saɪˈkɒpəθi/), also known as—though sometimes distinguished from—sociopathy (/ˈsoʊsiəˌpæθi/), is traditionally defined as a personality disorder characterized by enduring antisocial behavior, diminished empathy and remorse, and disinhibited or bold behavior.​

What say you, Sherdog psychologists?

I have heard best way to spot a pyschopath is to either hire one or be one.

Back