Serious question...Cub Swanson..Why the hype?

ilwab

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
This guy is mentioned on every Conor thread yet his record is similar and anyone hes faced that Conor has Conor crushed them and he looked like a run of the mill fighter.

Can someone enlighten me? Is it based purely on the fact that he has actually faced the likes of Mendez frankie and jose and perhaps landed a single punch thus making him better than Conor?

imo Conor would blown this chap out of the water, like wouldnt even be competitive but who knows.

Anyone..?

This guy is mentioned on every Conor thread yet his record is similar and anyone hes faced that Conor has Conor crushed them and he looked like a run of the mill fighter.

Can someone enlighten me? Is it based purely on the fact that he has actually faced the likes of Mendez frankie and jose and perhaps landed a single punch thus making him better than Conor?

imo Conor would blown this chap out of the water, like wouldnt even be competitive but who knows.

Anyone..?

This thread sucks

Because he beat the guys that got McGregor the title shot.

Cub's one of the most dynamic strikers in mma at the moment (along with Pettis, Connor, Anderson.. ), he has an active guard and mixes in judo. Basically he has a very exciting style.

Although I'm a fan of both, I'd like to see Conor vs Cub at some point. I'm really not sure who would win. McGregor uses his range better, but Cub's hands and footwork are a lot sharper.

Advice ts . Cub vs Conor who takes it and why would prolly do better than that dribble you posted

Thats all u got? 'This thread sucks?'

What has he done?

dustin - decision

siver - 3 rounder.

beaten by all the others.

v average fighter on the face of it.

yet hes mentioned on most threads like hes a good fighter yet his record...mmmmnot so much.

He also got finished by Aldo in 8 seconds. UFC would have a hard time promoting that rematch.

He's a completely different fighter to when he was in the WEC.. But yeah, a lot of people would write him off. Most people get written off against Aldo mind you.

He also got finished by Aldo in 8 seconds. UFC would have a hard time promoting that rematch.
I love how McGregor fans point out the illogicality of bringing up his losses from five years ago, but when it's Cub Swanson who lost to the p4p #1 mma fighter in the world five years ago (you know, instead of some nobody) he needs to be kept away from the title so as to avoid being completely blown out of the water in under 30 seconds again.

As if fighters don't improve in half a decade of training?

Ridiculous.

HappySpeedyKitty.gif
Because he beat the guys that got McGregor the title shot.
That's too much logic for these idiots who think differing style match-ups are likely to produce the exact same kind of fight. Clearly the fact that Cub didn't finish Poirier and Conor did means that McGregor is just leaps and bounds ahead of Cub!

What has he done?

dustin - decision

siver - 3 rounder.

yet hes mentioned on most threads like hes a good fighter yet his record...mmmmnot so much.

Well, who has mcgoober defeated? Nobody. Try and be consistent.

Exciting striker who's a talented finisher and has good heart. Frankie taught him a lesson though.

Like Conor except he doesn't nearly hype himself up as much. And unlike Conor, he faced two real quality wrestlers in Lamas and Frankie, and lost.

Exciting striker who's a talented finisher and has good heart. Frankie taught him a lesson though.

Like Conor except he doesn't nearly hype himself up as much. And unlike Conor, he faced two real quality wrestlers in Lamas and Frankie, and lost.

And yet there was never any outcry for Cub to face a wrestler, even after losing to Lamas. Hmm...

Well, who has mcgoober defeated? Nobody. Try and be consistent.

Thats my point, i hear cub chad frankie etc etc, yet i look at cub and i see nada, as much as Conor so why is cub being mentioned? his record is POOR given the amount of fights, at least conor is 16-2 and OBLITERATING guys to the point that his haters are critising him because he didnt put siver away in 2 mins like he said he would lol.

People are actually critising him over this lol

What has he done?

dustin - decision

siver - 3 rounder.

McGregor was finished by 2 nobodies and went 3 rounds against an average FW like Holoway. You see TS? I can do the same. The other poster was right: your thread sucks.

Back