Serious Question, Are UFC Fighters allowed to Use Pre Workout Boosters?

when they put new substances on the banned list, do they announce or?
because I saw sharapova getting caught. not sure if it was a complete surprise for her or if she was just stupid

now, these kind of bans are kinda cool, in a sense that they saw a substance that was directly correlated (or seems to be) to these crashes, as in this tramadol usage. I would support it, in a sense. but the rest, let them bang, bro

Yeh its announced. Athletes get flags in their athlete express when they log in, they also get emails, and in some cases written notification

funny you mention tramadol. First thing I thought of for a painkiller if they tested for it since it's not a narcotic. I have back issue and was on those and when I went to work I could take some and my pain would be cool and I felt like I could work forever. I was a waiter so it was terrible and hard work but in those things I just flew right thru a shift like it was nothing.

Yeh, they are on one hand great...

But imagine 2 or 3 (maybe more) of them, crushed up with 3 or 4 (or maybe more) caffeine pills mixed with water (maybe a shot of espresso or two), drink it, and now compete :D

I don't think they're for everyone. Every time I've tried to do cardio or sparring I've gassed and once had a panic attack mid round. As others have mentioned seems to work OK for hitting pads and other strength based work but I can imagine in professional fight it would be awful.

Any of you sherbros who goes to gym and took a strong / hardcore booster knows that you will have pretty much almost endless energy the next 1 - 2 hours

By booster, do you mean crack?

And I have actually rolled with a guy on crack - it seemingly helps.

Are yohimbine and synephrine banned by WADA? I think these are included in almost all preworkouts and fat burners.

Other than that, I don't know if the pros would want to risk it. Do you guys remember Craze and its undisclosed amphetamines? Or Oxyelite and undeclared sibutramine?

Workout Boosters usually dont have any banned substances in em
You just made that up on bad personal judgement.
large amounts of caffine in ur system before a fight is banned, that's right a red bull can get ur fight canceled.
more than half of last decade's "suppliments" are are on today's "PED" list.
It's getting crazy...

EDIT: If you wanna know if a certain specific suppliment is not allowed, check it's ingredients and then check the comision or assosiation that u wanna know if it banned it or not.

Yeh its announced. Athletes get flags in their athlete express when they log in, they also get emails, and in some cases written notification

there have been some cases regarding meldonium specifically where wada has shown leniency because they weren't sure how long it remained in the system. (it was banned on jan. 1)

however, in sharapova's case she admits to having taken it after that date and said she didn't know the medicine she was taking and meldonium were the same thing. She also admits to having read the email informing her of its banning.

I never tried that supplement. It's good? I heard some good shit about this one

prd_neurocore_main_hdr.jpg

Muscletech products are extremely overrated

Wtf they would vomit and have a heart attack

Any of you sherbros who goes to gym and took a strong / hardcore booster knows that you will have pretty much almost endless energy the next 1 - 2 hours so why dont ufc fighters drink some right before making their entrance?

no, water only. Most commissions allow only water that is still sealed in a bottle to have in the locker room.

Also preworkouts suck . I dont need 15 cups of coffee worth of caffeine to get a good workout in. Just drink some BCAA while working out.

Personally, I'd like to see Tramadol added to the in competition banned list. Just in cycling its wacky shit, and we are seeing more and more crashes in the closing stages of races, and a lot of rider are putting this down to people being off their boxes on tram and not paying attention. Trouble is, just because its potentially dangerous and causing accidents in one sport, doesnt mean its an issue in another sport, and the wada prohibited list is not generally sport specific (there used to be, maybe still are a few exceptions)

Curious, what does breaking up the Tramadol do? I take it for my chronic back pain, but I break my pills in half and only take half at a time.

And wasn’t it recently re-classified as a narcotic by the FDA? I could be wrong, but I know that shortly before my Dr. prescribed it, it was available over the counter. I was having head ache trouble with hydrocodone and he thought this may be a better choice.

large amounts of caffine in ur system before a fight is banned, that's right a red bull can get ur fight canceled..

No caffeine is not banned.

Have you not been paying attention :D

Curious, what does breaking up the Tramadol do? I take it for my chronic back pain, but I break my pills in half and only take half at a time.

And wasn’t it recently re-classified as a narcotic by the FDA? I could be wrong, but I know that shortly before my Dr. prescribed it, it was available over the counter. I was having head ache trouble with hydrocodone and he thought this may be a better choice.

Just easier to consume.

Cylists use it whats called "finish bottle". basically bottles given to them of water, caffeine, tramadol in the last 20-30km of a race to give them a pep, numb any aching musles, see them through those last few km pain wise, with the caffeine giving them the boost (but the tramadol has been blamed on a lot of accidents, riders spacing out and losing concentration)

In the old days it was Pot Belge, which was made up of any combination of Brandy, Caffiene, Cocaine, Heroin, Amphetamines, but that would be used for an entire race or even just for training sessions...

A lessar version would be just half a dozen shots of espresso with amphetamine's mixed in.

Variants of pot belge (and in fact finish bottles) are also in many many other sports. Wouldnt surprise me at all to see the combination used in things like NFL etc.

Are yohimbine and synephrine banned by WADA? I think these are included in almost all preworkouts and fat burners.

Other than that, I don't know if the pros would want to risk it. Do you guys remember Craze and its undisclosed amphetamines? Or Oxyelite and undeclared sibutramine?

synephrine no, the other is drawing a blank on globaldro.

No caffeine is not banned.

Have you not been paying attention :D
Just checked, you are correct. Nonetheless, it does not lessen my main point as an example, cause it already used to be banned and ntohing can cahnge that. Though caffine and nicotine are still on the monitoring.

Back