Serious Question, Are UFC Fighters allowed to Use Pre Workout Boosters?

my uneducated guess would be that all that stuff has at least one odd chemical on the ban list

Preworkout is just a shitload of caffeine, some branch chain aa's, creatine, and usually beta alanine for them tingles. I don't think any of that is banned. Mine as well just stick w/coffee to be safe.

Pretty sure caffeine is banned on fight night, I can't imagine any of the stronger stimulants are any better. It really wouldn't help unless they're planning to go out there and get a finish in the opening minutes, in my experience at least stimulants are great for weightlifting but make me burn out very quickly anything that requires some cardio.
Lots of endurance athletes use caffeine. It is hard to find gels that DON'T contain caffeine since it is pretty much standard.

I heard they taking that HYPHY MUD!!

I take preworkout when i lift but like a few others have said i find it to be really detrimental whenever i do cardio. It can be effective sometimes but as soon as it wears off its like the worst adrenaline dump ever, i cant even imagine grappling or even sparring after taking it.

Some non-stim pwo's could be useful though. A nitric oxide booster or BCAAs can help with endurance

That would be a terrible idea that shit is for lifting weights not cardio. They would gas stupid fast

You don't know what you are talking about. The active ingredient in most of them is good old caffeine (it does 90% of the work in the ones that have a lot of stuff), and that needs to be taken 3 hours before for maximum endurance enhancement. Its a proven performance enhancer.

Chael said he takes about 400mg of caffeine before fights IIRC which is close to the allowed limit. Caffeine being the main ingredient in like 95% of pre workout supplements.

There is no limit for caffeine. Its monitored by WADA in that they test for it and record results to see if something is being widely abused, but theres no threshold on caffeine, you can take as much as you like.

Any of you sherbros who goes to gym and took a strong / hardcore booster knows that you will have pretty much almost endless energy the next 1 - 2 hours so why dont ufc fighters drink some right before making their entrance?

An awful lot of them contain stimulants, (think Ephedra, amphetamine's etc) and stimulants are banned in competition, so nothing with a stimulant in (except caffeine basically)

Good question, and on a similar note, I was wondering what kind of pain killers they are allowed to take prefight.

Most painkillers are fine, your standard ibuprofen etc is all fine, you can go as strong as Tramadol which is not prohibited in any way. The only thing they have to watch for is they arent taking painkillers that have combi things in them for tackling colds etc (like Ephedra)

Ive mentioned before, the custom of crushing up tramadol, caffeine tablets and mixing in water to drink is very common in cycling (Finish bottles), brutal loopy juice

(tramadol is very widely abused and on wada's monitoring list. Personally id love to see tramadol banned in competition - unless tue of course)

There is no limit for caffeine. Its monitored by WADA in that they test for it and record results to see if something is being widely abused, but theres no threshold on caffeine, you can take as much as you like.

An awful lot of them contain stimulants, (think Ephedra, amphetamine's etc) and stimulants are banned in competition, so nothing with a stimulant in (except caffeine basically)

Most painkillers are fine, your standard ibuprofen etc is all fine, you can go as strong as Tramadol which is not prohibited in any way. The only thing they have to watch for is they arent taking painkillers that have combi things in them for tackling colds etc (like Ephedra)

Ive mentioned before, the custom of crushing up tramadol, caffeine tablets and mixing in water to drink is very common in cycling (Finish bottles), brutal loopy juice

(tramadol is very widely abused and on wada's monitoring list. Personally id love to see tramadol banned in competition - unless tue of course)
So, if you use a lot of caffeine, to boost your performance, what they can do?

I think his point was that at this point they would do nothing but that they are in a data gathering stage to see if they should implement future guidelines.

They cant do anything.

But, what happen with things on the monitoring list with Wada. Basically, they include analysis for those substances in regular testing and levels are monitored and reported.

Great example was meldonium, this was being monitored and its use suddenly became so widespread amongst russian athletes that it became clear that it was being used with intention to enhance performance (either that or we are expected to believe that 90% of russian athletes have heart conditions). As such they didnt really need to prove that it "did" enhance performance, merely that there was clear intention that way and so it was banned.

Caffeine is monitored. If it started appearing in in competition samples, in a wide range of sports in absolutely huge levels, then they would need to re-visit if there should be some sort of restrictions. The benefit of long term monitoring as well is that if any ban did come in place in the future, they would have an idea where to place the threshold in such a way that it only caught the ones really abusing it.

Personally, I'd like to see Tramadol added to the in competition banned list. Just in cycling its wacky shit, and we are seeing more and more crashes in the closing stages of races, and a lot of rider are putting this down to people being off their boxes on tram and not paying attention. Trouble is, just because its potentially dangerous and causing accidents in one sport, doesnt mean its an issue in another sport, and the wada prohibited list is not generally sport specific (there used to be, maybe still are a few exceptions)

They cant do anything.

But, what happen with things on the monitoring list with Wada. Basically, they include analysis for those substances in regular testing and levels are monitored and reported.

Great example was meldonium, this was being monitored and its use suddenly became so widespread amongst russian athletes that it became clear that it was being used with intention to enhance performance (either that or we are expected to believe that 90% of russian athletes have heart conditions). As such they didnt really need to prove that it "did" enhance performance, merely that there was clear intention that way and so it was banned.

Caffeine is monitored. If it started appearing in in competition samples, in a wide range of sports in absolutely huge levels, then they would need to re-visit if there should be some sort of restrictions. The benefit of long term monitoring as well is that if any ban did come in place in the future, they would have an idea where to place the threshold in such a way that it only caught the ones really abusing it.

Personally, I'd like to see Tramadol added to the in competition banned list. Just in cycling its wacky shit, and we are seeing more and more crashes in the closing stages of races, and a lot of rider are putting this down to people being off their boxes on tram and not paying attention. Trouble is, just because its potentially dangerous and causing accidents in one sport, doesnt mean its an issue in another sport, and the wada prohibited list is not generally sport specific (there used to be, maybe still are a few exceptions)
when they put new substances on the banned list, do they announce or?
because I saw sharapova getting caught. not sure if it was a complete surprise for her or if she was just stupid

now, these kind of bans are kinda cool, in a sense that they saw a substance that was directly correlated (or seems to be) to these crashes, as in this tramadol usage. I would support it, in a sense. but the rest, let them bang, bro

They cant do anything.

funny you mention tramadol. First thing I thought of for a painkiller if they tested for it since it's not a narcotic. I have back issue and was on those and when I went to work I could take some and my pain would be cool and I felt like I could work forever. I was a waiter so it was terrible and hard work but in those things I just flew right thru a shift like it was nothing.

This is the GOAT booster

Do you want some energy? Drink this shit and you will be lifting like Ronnie Coleman.YEAH BUDDY LIGHT WEIGHT BABY

bsn-products-stack
Isnt Conor sponsored by that brand too

Thank you. Yes, I tried this myself. Good for the kind of energy that goes into bodybuilding - muscle recovery and a high heart rate to encourage more sets. That higher heart rate, and the amount of lactic acid you get is terrible for a real sport.

Never liked them myself, my heart was racing and I was jittery for hours.

I drink 2 Cups of green tea 30 minutes before almost every workout. (No sugars at all)

I notice I will NOT perform as well on sparring days without it. I also do a 15 minute warm up and a 30 Minute intense full body circuit workout before sparring as well. Without the caffeine, it gets pretty rough.

I will also use BCAA Boost by TrueNutrion which has a decent amount of caffeine derived from green tea. I often take this (fasted, as I do this first thing in the morning) before a 30-40 mile bike ride which is followed by a 5 mile run.

In my experience, caffeine and "pre-workout" greatly benefit my cardio as well and my muscular endurance.

Back