[serious post] need "family friendly" movie suggestions

Back to the future, Ferris bueller's day off, what about Bob, home alone 1 and 2
Is back to the future still good? I don't remember it that much, but i'm afraid the graphics are bad by today's standards and she won't like it....

Kids movies: Home Alone series
Comedy: Jim Carrey's back catalogue. The Mask, Ace Ventura, The Grinch, etc.
Romantic Comedy: Audition
Pixar movies
We did watch home alone, Ace Ventura, the grinch and the mask. :D

Human Centipede - fun Pixar movie about a boy who becomes a centipede and then the zany adventures he has.
Gummo - coming of age story.
The Deer Hunter - 6 close friends in a small Pennsylvania town learn to cope with love, life, and loss.
<codychoke>

Is back to the future still good? I don't remember it that much, but i'm afraid the graphics are bad by today's standards and she won't like it....
Not many special effects that I remember. I always watch it if i see it on.

Thanks for the suggestions, first off to those wondering why I don't want movies with sex scenes, is because my 13 yr old is a girl, and I just don't feel like exposing her to movies with some fucking going on. We're fine with the kissing scenes, but I'd rather not let her see some one fucking doggy style or some shit. I remember us watching the minority report and there was a scene there where tom was hiding in the bath tub, and some couple in the room was fucking. it was a bit awkward. I just don't feel comfortable with it yet, and she's at the point where they have sex education classes at school anyway.

Violence on the other hand is fine in my opinion, as long as it's not too much. My daughter trains in taekwondo and she'll be having boxing lessons this summer. I know movies are not a real representation of real life violence, but part of the reason we're fine with violence is to somehow expose her to fighting/self defense. The world is a fucking violent place and I think it's necessary for kids to understand how to fight. I of course explain which parts of the fighting in movies are realistic and which are not.
Oh man you’re child is a girl?!

Alright now I can throw in Pretty in Pink, Legally Blonde, and Ginger Snaps.

Old jackie chan films. No sex but plenty of comedy violence and crazy stunts. Fairly family friendly stuff.

I remember when i was a kid, it was awkward as fuck watching a sex scene in a film with your parents in the room.
I rememeber we all sat down to watch goldeneye once. The scene where the womans banging some old dude and then kills him by crushing his ribs sticks in my mind as a particularly awkward. Looking back it wasnt even that bad but sitting there as a kid with your parents and grandparents watching some woman making all the noises was very uncomfortable.

Was able to watch School of Rock, elf, night at the museum and harry potter. I'm hesitant about the Gremlins because I don't think the graphics are that good by today's standards.. :D Karate kid is cool though
Gremlins is still a good watch imo. I don’t think it looks bad. If you feel that it does, just go with it being a fun 80s cheese film.

Another vote for The Princess Bride. I’d also suggest Labyrinth, as long as you’re cool with her being exposed to David Bowie’s power-bulge...

Hmm, at 13 years old that's tough to say. I would go through a list of various old school movies in various genres from the 80s and 90s and choose together.

If she loves spirited away she will absolutely lose her shit over Grave of the Fireflies. It's a heart warming ghibli story of an 8 year old boy who parents his 4 year old sister.

Clue
Back to the Future trilogy
Indiana Jones

Thanks for the suggestions, first off to those wondering why I don't want movies with sex scenes, is because my 13 yr old is a girl, and I just don't feel like exposing her to movies with some fucking going on. We're fine with the kissing scenes, but I'd rather not let her see some one fucking doggy style or some shit. I remember us watching the minority report and there was a scene there where tom was hiding in the bath tub, and some couple in the room was fucking. it was a bit awkward. I just don't feel comfortable with it yet, and she's at the point where they have sex education classes at school anyway.

Violence on the other hand is fine in my opinion, as long as it's not too much. My daughter trains in taekwondo and she'll be having boxing lessons this summer. I know movies are not a real representation of real life violence, but part of the reason we're fine with violence is to somehow expose her to fighting/self defense. The world is a fucking violent place and I think it's necessary for kids to understand how to fight. I of course explain which parts of the fighting in movies are realistic and which are not.

LOL good point; why prepare your kid from a healthy sex life? Sex is evil after all, unlike that good ole violence

How weird it may sound but the last Junglebook was a good movie. I really liked how realistic the animals looked.

My kids enjoyed Weird Science and Back to the Future --- movies from my childhood.

I think Family Man is a great movie <insert your own Nic Cage joke>.

Back