Serious Claim: Khabib’s boxing is hugely underrated

His head movement is, well... there is no head movement.

Khabib’s boxing as laughable to be honest . Mediocre at best

i believe the way he hides behind his hands and places his punches is actually seriously impressive and gets overlooked, power is solid but not all the way there, but yeah I genuinely believe this, his boxing is actually pretty tight considering he never really trained it all that much when he was younger
Khabib's offensive boxing when it is used as a tool to exclusively smash his opponent's face in is pretty bad. Khabib's defensive boxing is solid, if you take into account that his opponents have to adjust their stances since Khabib is always threatening them with the takedown. Khabib using his boxing as a tool to set-up takedowns is what's truly underrated.

Ill go with the family and take ''Kabib is better take Conor down or he get KTFO''

I think there are many varied opinions on how good Khabib's boxing is. I wouldn't say it's hugely underrated unless we're considering the opinions of casuals - which we shouldn't imo. I think his boxing is decent but it's not really where he's win his fights. Yes, he can outpoint fighters and has the cardio and chin to stand with most guys but he'll probably not win by KO due to his boxing against elite strikers.

But yeah, the people that think his boxing is bad or even non existing are either trolling or really bad at watching fights. Regardless of how good we think his boxing is, I think we can agree that it's not good enough for him to stay in the pocket with Conor unless his goal is to risk getting knocked out.

Says Khabib hugging a bear. You though I will not notice? You are exposed.

Khabib's russian boxing will confuse Conor

Even Al talks about how effective it is

Cliffs:

Al says people say khabib had his head up, but he (Al) hits everyone, but he couldn't hit khabib--khabib was hard to hit.

Khabib's striking was good.

Al felt a step behind Khabib

Khabib's jab was good

The Russians have a different style of boxing. Al couldn't get his combos off.

AI looked very slow in that fight though. It was almost like hes low stands to defend takedowns made him telegraph everything he threw. When Khabib showed hes bad defensive habbits AL didnt adjust. He continued with hes same 1-2 punch combo attack all tough the 1-2 fake combo followed by a 1-2 combo was there for the taking.

I think there are many varied opinions on how good Khabib's boxing is. I wouldn't say it's hugely underrated unless we're considering the opinions of casuals - which we shouldn't imo. I think his boxing is decent but it's not really where he's win his fights. Yes, he can outpoint fighters and has the cardio and chin to stand with most guys but he'll probably not win by KO due to his boxing against elite strikers.

But yeah, the people that think his boxing is bad or even non existing are either trolling or really bad at watching fights. Regardless of how good we think his boxing is, I think we can agree that it's not good enough for him to stay in the pocket with Conor unless his goal is to risk getting knocked out.
Tbf that’s a good point ya know, I was kinda including everyone’s opinions in this, I guess casuals opinions are meaningless, regardless I still feel it’s slightly underrated

Back