News Sergio Pettis will defend his title against Kyoji Horiguchi at Bellator 272 on December 3rd

So just checked the Bellator website and they have new bouts

aSgITJQ

So just checked the Bellator website and they have new bouts

aSgITJQ

Spike is okay I guess, bit of a gasser though.

The Montalvo dude seems to be a SerraLongo kid who's only fought cans so far.

Sakakibara is flying out to see it in person so I assume there will be a part 2 covering the fight itself and post-event

Spike is okay I guess, bit of a gasser though.

The Montalvo dude seems to be a SerraLongo kid who's only fought cans so far.
He is fighting a tough debut, too. I actually like the fight.

The disrespect to Sergio. He just boxed Archuleta's head off for 5 rounds, at least as impressively as Pitbull did.

Serg also has wins over Moreno & Joe-B. Who is Guchi's best win, Kape?

I think Sergio uses his 2 inch reach, lowkicks, better footwork, & TDD to win a unanimous decision. He's also been more active & more use to the cage.

I don't get why Horiguchi isn't fighting at flyweight. I understand as far as Rizin, where they basically made him, but I mean, this is a different context.

The disrespect to Sergio. He just boxed Archuleta's head off for 5 rounds, at least as impressively as Pitbull did.

Serg also has wins over Moreno & Joe-B. Who is Guchi's best win, Kape?

I think Sergio uses his 2 inch reach, lowkicks, better footwork, & TDD to win a unanimous decision. He's also been more active & more use to the cage.

I respect Sergio and I was one of the few on here who had him to beat Archuleta. I just think Gucci does everything he does well himself but faster and a bit harder.

I don't get why Horiguchi isn't fighting at flyweight. I understand as far as Rizin, where they basically made him, but I mean, this is a different context.

There's no flyweight in Bellator and Sergio is really a flyweight himself anyway.

The only other place outside the UFC and RIZIN that actually has flyweights where I could imagine him going is ONE (I find it hard to imagine him in ACA).

I respect Sergio and I was one of the few on here who had him to beat Archuleta. I just think Gucci does everything he does well himself but faster and a bit harder.
He hits harder, but Serg has developed impeccable defense & is so much more technically sound in his boxing mechanics. Guchi is explosive but lacks defense, combinations, & he overextends. I think he's going to have to get the fight to the ground.

I would also say that Serg's wins over Moreno, Joe-B, & Archuleta are more impressive than anything Guchi has ever done

He hits harder, but Serg has developed impeccable defense & is so much more technically sound in his boxing mechanics. Guchi is explosive but lacks defense, combinations, & overextends. I think he's going to have to get the fight to the ground.

Gooch is also a lot faster than Sergio. I think if Sergio had the power to keep him respectful I might be interested in him as an underdog, but he's a bit pitter patter so I'm not.

Gooch is also a lot faster than Sergio. I think if Sergio had the power to keep him respectful I might be interested in him as an underdog, but he's a bit pitter patter so I'm not.
I disagree. Sergio is cat-quick with his reactions & his hands. Guchi can cover distance fast but his hand speed is not greater than Serg, who you have to slow down just to see his punches land against Archuleta.

Lets hope they dont lose any fights this upcoming days. This should be a prwtty good card. Hopefully they announce their next events soon too.

Lets hope they dont lose any fights this upcoming days. This should be a prwtty good card. Hopefully they announce their next events soon too.
In terms of name recognition, it’s bad but the talent is there. The Shabliy matchup still bugs me but at least he is active

In terms of name recognition, it’s bad but the talent is there. The Shabliy matchup still bugs me but at least he is active
Cant believe Shabliy opened at -300. I placed a large bet on him, lets hope he brings the violenece.

As a fan is frustrating that they haven’t announced any 2022 shows, and it looks like since they joined showtime, the fighters have a code of silence also, nothing at all on the internet as far as rumors…. Just like showtime Boxing

Back