News Sergio Pettis will defend his title against Kyoji Horiguchi at Bellator 272 on December 3rd

So it looks like Collin Huckbody signed a multi-fight contract with Bellator based on his instagram bio.

Looks like Denise was supposed to be on the card but the bout got cancelled due to covid restrictions in Netherlands

Looks like Denise was supposed to be on the card but the bout got cancelled due to covid restrictions in Netherlands

Its a shame her fight got cancelled, Denise is one of those female fighters worth watching. I wonder how the final card will look like, so far Bellator has only announced two main event fights and a whole bunch of very good prelim fights. But as a whole, the event needs the another 2 good fights in the main card.

Its a shame her fight got cancelled, Denise is one of those female fighters worth watching. I wonder how the final card will look like, so far Bellator has only announced two main event fights and a whole bunch of very good prelim fights. But as a whole, the event needs the another 2 good fights in the main card.

B9EAA763-7BD0-4812-AC6B-1B10DDD00600.jpeg 1A5AF47C-8C01-410A-B642-7C3CD0485B4A.jpeg

card is full … 4 fight main card

I actually think it's shaping up to be a really nice card. Main card is looking really good and the prelims have plenty of meat on the bone for a Bellator prelim card. They'll probably fill it out with local fights that nobody but locals care about as is tradition but it's a pretty nice offering overall.

The card is in two weeks and I've seen nothing even hinting at a future event. Don't even see any vague posts from some fighters. Event hashtags usually giveaway even the earliest prelims fights, but there's nothing for a 273 card anywhere to my knowledge. Anyone else seeing anything at all?

The card is in two weeks and I've seen nothing even hinting at a future event. Don't even see any vague posts from some fighters. Event hashtags usually giveaway even the earliest prelims fights, but there's nothing for a 273 card anywhere to my knowledge. Anyone else seeing anything at all?
Ya I saw a bunch of fighters making posts that they have bouts booked in the New Year, but Bellator usually takes most of December and January off, returning in late January, so I assume if we get anything, they will announce the headliner at 272

I actually think it's shaping up to be a really nice card. Main card is looking really good and the prelims have plenty of meat on the bone for a Bellator prelim card. They'll probably fill it out with local fights that nobody but locals care about as is tradition but it's a pretty nice offering overall.
It looks pretty full, prelims included, so I doubt we see any local tier bouts, maybe a top prospect at best

>As for what still drives him to compete, besides the title immediately in front of him, “my goal is to make MMA more popular in Japan,” said Horiguchi. The Japanese star noted that PRIDE, the now-defunct promotion beloved by many longtime MMA fans, was once as big as the UFC. “I want to expand the popularity of MMA. That’s my goal. Because I grew up always watching PRIDE. I want to go back to that time, like that time. That’s my dream.”

Always interesting to see guys who grew up watching PRIDE rather then UFC. Maybe that's why he isn't so jet set on being in the UFC

>As for what still drives him to compete, besides the title immediately in front of him, “my goal is to make MMA more popular in Japan,” said Horiguchi. The Japanese star noted that PRIDE, the now-defunct promotion beloved by many longtime MMA fans, was once as big as the UFC. “I want to expand the popularity of MMA. That’s my goal. Because I grew up always watching PRIDE. I want to go back to that time, like that time. That’s my dream.”

Always interesting to see guys who grew up watching PRIDE rather then UFC. Maybe that's why he isn't so jet set on being in the UFC

You'd think being the first Japanese UFC champion would do a lot for MMA in Japan though and at 125 I think he could do it (probably not at 135)

That division is gonna get scarier and scarier too. Horiguchi is 2 legit 2 quit

Mota at -150, Horiguchi at -190, and Shabliy at -400 are a steal. Sanchez at -225 is decent money, and de Jesus at +175 is worth at least half a unit, IMO.Screenshot_20211124-150850_Chrome.jpg

Mota at -150, Horiguchi at -190, and Shabliy at -400 are a steal. Sanchez at -225 is decent money, and de Jesus at +175 is worth at least half a unit, IMO.View attachment 892822

Not sure I'm as high on those Sanchez odds, I think he's drifting past his prime and Kennedy has some dominant grappling when he gets it going.

Gonna play Vinicus De Jesus when my bookie has the odds if he's still a dog.

Not sure I'm as high on those Sanchez odds, I think he's drifting past his prime and Kennedy has some dominant grappling when he gets it going.

Gonna play Vinicus De Jesus when my bookie has the odds if he's still a dog.
Sanchez is 31, I dont think he is drifting, I actually think he has gotten better over the years. But the problem is that the division has gotten much better in the past years, so he has faced better opposition. I wouldnt call his loss against Burnell a robbery but it was a razor close decision that could have gone either way. My only fear is that he accepts getting taken down because he has too much faith in his ground game, and I dont know if that is a good idea against Kennedy. He may hit a submission or he might get smothered for 3 rounds. His safest bet would be to keep it standing and pick Kennedy apart (like Borics did)

Back