News Sergio Pettis will defend his title against Kyoji Horiguchi at Bellator 272 on December 3rd

That was weird because Yair kept hugging KZ and it was clear this threw him off, and the actual KO was something extremely rare, but those were two top ten fighters, both of whom are probably still ranked. Sergio, while underrated, hasn’t been on the minds of MMA fans. He hasn’t TKO’d/KO’d anyone in eight years. Moreover, the actual KO itself was brutal — Gucci was completely unconscious, head bounced. He was on his way to becoming ‘one of the best fighters outside of the UFC’ again, and then became part of the year end ‘KO of the year’ list. His stock has plummeted.

I want to see him back strong though. He’s so skilled.

You're being over-dramatic. Shit happens.

And that KZ knockout was just as brutal. The guy was absolutely dummied and face-planted.

You're being over-dramatic. Shit happens.

And that KZ knockout was just as brutal. The guy was absolutely dummied and face-planted.

the KZ KO was definitely more brutal. It’s an all-time UFC knockout. What happened to Gucci was pretty bad though…it won’t win KO of the year because of where it took place, but it will be mentioned on end-of-the-year lists with regard to KO of the year. Hands down, out before he hit the floor, head bounce. Brutal. I’m not saying he’s done. His status as a top non-UFC fighter took a huge hit.

the KZ KO was definitely more brutal. It’s an all-time UFC knockout. What happened to Gucci was pretty bad though…it won’t win KO of the year because of where it took place, but it will be mentioned on end-of-the-year lists with regard to KO of the year. Hands down, out before he hit the floor, head bounce. Brutal. I’m not saying he’s done. His status as a top non-UFC fighter took a huge hit.

In a way, it was a lot like the KZ KO, where both KZ and Horiguchi were winning every round until the weird fluky KOs late in the fight. I would still pick KZ and Horiguchi in a rematch if they ever happen.

Pettis is the better fighter. He just started late

Back