Sergio Pettis signs and fights at 167. First opponent?

what? is he not staying at FLW?

I guess not there's an article on mmajunkie that stated hes making his debut at bw. I guess he was considering the move anyways but I'm not sure it's the best to try it in his octagon debut :/

Rory MacDonald was a LW prior to signing with UFC, he'll be fine at BW. Better then him killing himself for a weight cut that he won't be able to stay at very long anyways.

Chico Camus

Training partners.

TS, I'd love to see Caceres vs. Pettis but that fight doesn't make sense at the moment. I say Yaotzin Meza, that Hernandez guy, or if they want to give him someone established maybe Hugo Viana. But that's probably even too much for his debut. They'll probably sign someone new for him to fight.

I thought he's a flyweight.

He started off 3-0 as a BW only reason he cut down to Flyweight was because it was a new division in the ufc so he figured it would be a faster road to the ufc but it's not an easy cut for him and he's still growing

I'd be fine with Josh Clopton. Yaotzin Meza possibly.

No point in giving him someone like Johnny Eduardo, Mike Easton or anywhere mid ranking just yet. Start him off with a lower ranked opponent and go from there. He's only 20.

Give him Dustin Pague

Edit- NVM didn't know he was fighting Kyoji Horiguchi

Just seen Vaughan Lee is confirmed. Vaughan is a solid grappler, should be a good first test.

Why do you want to "test" a prospect who just turned 20 and is making his octagon debut? Gotta rush him into a title fight at 21 before he's over the hill? They should be taking their time with him. Rushing would be counter-productive, possibly making him incur more damage before he's ready. Leroy has been better than his last 6 opponents. He should be receiving a gatekeeper, not a kid prospect. And Sergio should be receiving a name past his prime, like Kid Yamamoto, a fellow prospect, like Junior Hernandez, or established lower level guy like Vaughan Lee. Then he should be taking on 1 or 2 of the losers from TUF. The next year or two in Sergio's career should be about development and building hype, not testing him to rise up the ranks.

Exactly how I feel.

That's definitely too dangerous. He straight ko'ed Reuben Duran, and has the tdd to keep the fight from going to the ground if he's winning the stand-up.

He also got mollywhopped by TJ Dillashaw on the feet.

Back