Sergio Pettis joins Bellator

He's much better off at 125, even there he couldnt finish so moving up not sure how successful he'll be. BW in Bellator isnt great but its getting better with Perez, Juan, Mix, Higo.

Its all about the money though so you fight where you get paid the most. Thought he'd either stay in UFC since he's one fight away from a title shot or he'd go to One and fight at 135 but vs the Fly not US BW who are really LW that cut down. WOuld have been a good opponent for MM/Moraes winner.

Needs to get thrown right into it with Gallagher, Perez, Mix, Higo, Juan.

They have to fight each other.

Gallagher/Mix
Perez/Higo
Juan/Pettis

So my "Bellator needs to sign" John Moraga is even more a must now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe Pettis can end his over 6 year reign of decision wins in Bellator.

Personally I'm not going to tune in to find that out.

Honestly don’t see him doing too well, and don’t agree with this decision. He’s never performed at his best fighting at bantamweight. Once he starts fighting the top guys I see him taking some losses.

Like most WMMA fights his UFC prelims fights were times on UFC cards when I'd half pay attention while doing other things. Is that British reality star fighter a 135er? if so I'm sure that will be a Bellator co-main event one day.

Honestly don’t see him doing too well, and don’t agree with this decision. He’s never performed at his best fighting at bantamweight. Once he starts fighting the top guys I see him taking some losses.

"top guys in Bellator?" Like who? LOL Galhager??????????????? LOL STFU!

I guess good for him. He wasn't going anywhere in the UFC. UFC barely cares about the lighter guys and Pettis hasn't exactly been setting the world on fire in his fights. He has literally only finished six guys in his career and most came right away. He hasn't put someone away for over 6 years and only put away one guy in all his UFC fights.

Couldn't imagine why the UFC didn't want to pay him much or anything.

"top guys in Bellator?" Like who? LOL Galhager??????????????? LOL STFU!
Grab definitely not beating Gooch, you know, the top guy?lol It’s not a huge statement that Pettis doesn’t look as good at 135, the dude lost to fucking Bruce Leroy.

The Pettis brothers are good but they're content to continuously blame weight classes for their failings. Instead of trying to improve aspects of their game, they go "oh, it's the weight-cut I'm too drained I'm moving up". Or "I'm undersized at 135lbs, flyweight is where I belong". They seem to be surrounded by yes men who just agree with that rather than force them to improve.

I'm waiting for older Pettis, Rockhold Weidman to join Bellator, KSW or ONE.

Bellator should pick up John Moraga, Dustin Ortiz, Wilson Reis, Zach Makovsky, Shorty Torres and Marius Nicolau. That'd be a half decent flyweight division and I think all those guys are available.

They really screwed up by NOT signing Linaker! He would have been the best signing Bellator could have made! The Matchmakers would rather go after Bec Rollings, Nick Newell, and Horrible WWE fake fighters! the matchmakers really have no clue who is a talent and who is not!

decent signing. they absolutely need the depth in the division.

Another case of a decent fighter leaving the UFC because they're so boring to watch? When I was watching Rory/Lima 2 I sort of got why Rory wasn't given a better offer by the UFC even though Rory is among the elite.

Back