Sergio Pettis drops back down to flyweight, meets Ryan Benoit at UFC 185 card in Dall

That fight should be fireworks. Here's a highlight of Benoit for those who are unaware of him.

I think his chance of success will be much higher at flw. There's definitely some sharks in the top 5 with the champion, joe b, Dodson, and McCall but those guys have been around forever and are getting up there in age. Pettis is young and will keep getting better.

If the weight cut goes alright this time, which is the big question with him for this division, Sergio should win. His reach, power, and technical ability plays too well here. I think he would either get the ko or comfortable UD. It helps that he got the loss out of the way already, and had the get me over to secure his place in the UFC. Then a subsequent more impressive performance.

But I don't like Sergio following Tony around in so many things he does. Tony is a different man, but it could mess with his mindset if Sergio loses. I was worried about it when Sergio got knocked down by Hobar, only to come back and virtually dominate. Sergio should start to make his own path. It's not going to be paved in gold like his bro most likely, but probably silver or bronze.

Good move, he's looked small in all the fights i've seen him in at BW.

Excited to see Benoit back. Long layoff for him

Will be interesting to see how Pettis fares after his initial UFC run at 135. I'm certain it is due to the fact of the success of his brother, but I have been underwhelmed at Sergio's UFC career thus far. I thought he lost to fight with Yaotzin Meza after the Caceres loss. He looked a lot better against Matt Hobar last month.

He is still just a pup at 21. As he is still growing into his body, it seems he is more naturally suited for 135 than 125, but what do I know. In my opinion, it would help him to not compete on the same card as his brother, but maybe they prefer it that way.

If the weight cut goes alright this time, which is the big question with him for this division, Sergio should win. His reach, power, and technical ability plays too well here. I think he would either get the ko or comfortable UD. It helps that he got the loss out of the way already, and had the get me over to secure his place in the UFC. Then a subsequent more impressive performance.

But I don't like Sergio following Tony around in so many things he does. Tony is a different man, but it could mess with his mindset if Sergio loses. I was worried about it when Sergio got knocked down by Hobar, only to come back and virtually dominate. Sergio should start to make his own path. It's not going to be paved in gold like his bro most likely, but probably silver or bronze.

I thought about this, also. If Sergio were to get ktfo, it could have some kind of negative affect on Anthony. Who knows tho.

Two flyweight fights at UFC 185 now and both are important. 3 of 4 fighters there are fresh faces in FLW division.

Excited to see Benoit back. Long layoff for him

Will be interesting to see how Pettis fares after his initial UFC run at 135. I'm certain it is due to the fact of the success of his brother, but I have been underwhelmed at Sergio's UFC career thus far. I thought he lost to fight with Yaotzin Meza after the Caceres loss. He looked a lot better against Matt Hobar last month.

He is still just a pup at 21. As he is still growing into his body, it seems he is more naturally suited for 135 than 125, but what do I know. In my opinion, it would help him to not compete on the same card as his brother, but maybe they prefer it that way.

C'mon, not one person on the official judging panel or in the media, thought he lost to Meza. This is another case of fans wanting to grade on a curve for higher expectations of a fighter and punish them for not being that active toward the end of a fight when they already pretty much have it in the bag. No way did he lose that fight. It was just an unimpressive, get me over win against a guy trying to grapple-hump him, like Pettis against Stephens, to re-secure his place in the org, then it was on to the next with more comfort.

Cejudo and Pettis dropping to 125. The flyweight division really needed this shot in the arm

Pettis might have to go all out in this fight vs a stronger beast, benoit might turn this into a brawl.

Benoit is no joke and will make this a war for sure. Pettis better have a clean cut this time.

That fight should be fireworks. Here's a highlight of Benoit for those who are unaware of him.

Guy looks awesome but I can't help but cringe every time they say "ben-oyt." I really hope that's not how he pronounces it.

Back