Sergio Pettis/Chris Cariaso and Tumenov-Jouban UFC 192

Btw, just saw this pic. Dude's face looks like a picasso painting

GettyImages-466263096.jpg

thank you Ryan Benoit, thank you.

not liking this matchup at all, i don't see a way Pettis can get KTFO again. I would love for Pettis to get lit up, but Cariaso isn't the person to do it.

and Jouban, its been a good run but Tumenov will be too much.

Tumenov vs Jouban will go one of two ways. Either Jouban gets TKO'd early since he seems to get dropped/hurt every fight or Jouban survives and makes it a very close fight taking it to a split dec. FOTN imo.

Cariaso destroys Pettis.

Man, they're taking Tumenov along slow as fuck. I really thought he deserved someone like Larkin or maybe masvidal.

Cariaso is actually a good matchup for Pettis. Sergio's chin is his downfall and Chris has no power. I could see Pettis winning on points.

Pettis was dropped by Caceres and Hobar, neither known for their power.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cariaso rang his bell too esp. when Pettis' defense is inconsistent.

I had high hopes for baby Pettis but he's been a dissapointment so far. His chin is something else... I'm going to be rooting for him but Cariaso is a tough match up!

Will be rooting for Jouban as well but Tumenov is a tough mofo with power, should be some good fights! Don't count out Jouban, he brings it everytime.

I disliked Cariaso ever since the Mizugaki fight, but I also don't care for the nepotism with Sergio Pettis.

Tumenov vs Jouban is gonna be violent.

They've given favorable matchmaking to Pettis here IMO. Cariaso is clearly ranked above him, so a win would help Pettis a lot, yet at the same time, I think it's a decent matchup style-wise. It'll probably be a striking match, and Cariaso isn't a power puncher, so it's the type of fight Pettis should be looking for. Cariaso is also getting old too, and has already had the biggest fight of his career and his shot at the gold, so is surely on the way down.

Nice. This will be a good card.

Cariaso being underrated here. I actually think he beats Lil Pettis pretty comfortably. He will probably open up as an underdog when the odds come out and I plan on betting Cariaso by decision.

As for Jouban and Tumenov, yikes, Jouban is in for a hell of a fight. I wonder if Tumenov can put him away. I don't see Jouban doing too well but hes a tough SOB maybe that'll help

Pretty surprised they're giving Pettis a ranked dude. He's pretty good, but his defense just isn't completely there. Both losses, he was winning beforehand and then messed up. Cariaso has power, but not enough to put Sergio away, I think Pettis can outpoint him to a UD.

Jouban-Tumenov...man, that should be good. Jouban does get hit early, but he's a tough mofo and I don't think he'll have any length issues like he did a bit against Dwyer. They both hit hard and have good chins; they've also both got some nasty body kicks, though Jouban is a southpaw so he might have a slight advantage in going after the liver. I can't recall seeing much of Tumenov's ground game, though Jouban's looked pretty serviceable in the Dwyer fight. Tumenov is probably the better counter striker, but Jouban is a bit more accurate. Maybe Jouban by cartwheel shit?
Haha, no, I think Jouban by UD or SD.

Oh, I was hoping Tumenov would get a step up. This is a fun fight, but Tumenov has more power than Alves, Seth Baczysnki and Dwyer.. and Jouban himself.

Tumenov by ko, he is better everywhere imo. Especially in striking, he doesn't leave himself open as much, has a lot more power, more explosive and has better kicks.

Pettis needs to watch out, Cariaso has one punch knockout power.

I'm a big fan of the Jouban/Tumenov matchup. Both have solid power and I would think this would end by KO.

Who cares about Pettis/Carioso, BUT

Tumenov-Jouban is guaranteed Violence. Good job, Silva.

Back